what to feed baby cranes? (help)

Pics please!
pop.gif
I want to get crowned cranes!
fl.gif
How much do they cost?

Yeah the 750.00 is for young birds.I don't know what they get for breeders.Even the shipping is expensive as they are huge birds.I believe I heard the guy say he hatched 19 so far this year.And that was 4 weeks ago.
In N.H.,Tony.

Putting aside the fact that what you did is quite irresponsible, not knowing how/what to feed them, that needs to be put aside.

They can be started on mealworms fed from tweezers. Another useful thing to have around is a small container with live crickets in it and a few holes punched in the bottom. The crickets will slowly trickle out over the day for the cranes to eat.

Once they are eating pellets or whatnot things get a lot easier. If the one is eating/drinking already the other should catch on soon.

Dragonfly nymphs work, any sort of bug does really, however using mealworms and crickets works nicely cause they are cheap and easy to buy and easy to keep alive.

Also try to get Mazuri Crane diet.

yes I admit that I could have done alot more research than i had done, before i got the eggs. but i figured the internet websites wouldn't be as good as asking people on here who already own cranes. I got my cranes from a local breeder and got the eggs for alot less then buying juvinules.

the cranes are doing great following me around the farm and teaching them how to eat bugs and small animals. I found them a snake and one happily ate it. they are about 2 or 3 ft hight now growing first set of feathers.

Back
Top Bottom