What to feed tiny chicken.

jkmom

In the Brooder
Jan 5, 2024
I have always had the larger breeds of chickens and now this tiny one has me a bit baffled. Do bantams with these tiny beaks eat regular chicken food and scraps? Any suggestions on which feed to get for her. Neighbor has supplied me until now .

We feed our silkies, which are a smaller breed, Kalmbach's layer crumbles mixed 50/50 with All Flock crumbles which has 20% protein. The chicks get Kalmbach's starter crumbles.

We used to use the Dumor brand of layer crumbles and starter, but our TSC was constantly out of both so get the Kalmbach's from Chewy. Those are the only two brands I've ever used and like them both.

1704707491946.png

Thank you each one so much:) I cannot believe I forgot about crumbles. It's been about 6 years since I've had a little ladies and I've got things to remember :) I will be off to shop this morning. Thanks again

Thank you each one so much:) I cannot believe I forgot about crumbles. It's been about 6 years since I've had a little ladies and I've got things to remember :) I will be off to shop this morning. Thanks again
Welcome, and good luck. You are in the best poultry group on the planet for information and help! Welcome to BYC btw! :frow

Back
Top Bottom