Freeze dried chicken feed???

I don't understand. If your chickens don't have access to walk away and forage, maybe you shouldn't have chickens. Why do you keep chickens if you deny them their nature? Why do you keep chickens in such a small area that their feet can't escape their own poop and bacteria?

Every time a chicken gets a scratch on their face from a peck, a bush, an edge of a fence, or a even a scratch from their own large talons, and they have poop on their feet, you're going to get infection problems.

If they don't have access to walk away and forage for other items, you might as well have a hamster in a cage in your living room for amusement and feed it everything from petsmart or tractor supply that says, "Happy Hamster Food", and then watch the tumors grow and the illnesses begin.

I think I might start a cry thread, for real. I want to cry that some people don't make enough money to buy enough land to keep chickens in a healthy manor. Let's cry that our chickens in confined spaces are getting bacterial illnesses and we didn't do our due diligence about how to keep healthy chickens. Let's cry that we like chickens and want them as pets, but don't really want to give them an opportunity to thrive by keeping too many chickens in too small of a space with INADEQUATE PELLETED DEAD FOOD. Let's cry shall we? I'm crying right now.
Just a simple answer to question would work. I have plenty of ground to do as I please thank-you. Plenty of free range for everything I raise and then some. Who is trying to make people feel inadequate now as you have been all along.
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0476.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG

Why? That sounds like b.s. propaganda to make people feel inadequate or incapable of taking charge of their own flock. Everyone is capable of feeding themselves.

My chickens also used to want to eat plastic and twine. Others have had chickens go nuts for Styrofoam or insulation. Just because they want to eat something doesn't mean it's food or even safe for them.
Your chickens were eating plastic and twine? Sounds about right when you only feed commercial feed, they need something else. They need real food. Why is this a disagreement? Real food vs chemical laced preservatives?

Just because they want to eat bagged pellets doesn't mean it's food or even safe for them. It's actually dead food, preserved, and just enough to keep them alive for few years before they succumb to chronic disease from the industrial byproducts that is the feed and then you have to buy more chickens from the only hatcheries that are allowed to ship across state lines (NPIP).

I don't know why anyone would have such a closed mind about this topic if they wanted to feed their chickens healthy food. It's like people are fighting against feeding their chickens real food and demanding that bagged feed is the only way to feed their chickens. How weird is that?

Your chickens were eating plastic and twine? Sounds about right when you only feed commercial feed, they need something else. They need real food. Why is this a disagreement? Real food vs chemical laced preservatives?

Just because they want to eat bagged pellets doesn't mean it's food or even safe for them. It's actually dead food, preserved, and just enough to keep them alive for few years before they succumb to chronic disease from the industrial byproducts that is the feed and then you have to buy more chickens from the only hatcheries that are allowed to ship across state lines (NPIP).

I don't know why anyone would have such a closed mind about this topic if they wanted to feed their chickens healthy food. It's like people are fighting against feeding their chickens real food and demanding that bagged feed is the only way to feed their chickens. How weird is that?
I didn't see were anybody said feeding their chickens fresh healthy feed was bad as long as it was done with health/nutritional needs of chickens in mind. Only you are saying there is only one way to feed chickens when there are many adequate recipes for healthy feed fresh/ homemade and commercial that can and do fit everyone's needs along with the chicken.

I didn't see were anybody said feeding their chickens fresh healthy feed was bad as long as it was done with health/nutritional needs of chickens in mind. Only you are saying there is only one way to feed chickens when there are many adequate recipes for healthy feed fresh/ homemade and commercial that can and do fit everyone's needs along with the chicken.
I didn't see were I said there is only one way to feed chickens....Or are you making up stuff now?

This thread was OP asking questions about freeze-drying food.

You opened the door when you told any of us who buy food for our chickens it's garbage, then calling us closed-minded because we won't believe you. You can do things your way, and make convincing arguments, but make your pitch without cutting everyone else's way down. If this was a post about "what should I feed my chickens," you can throw your two cents in as would everyone else.

The vast majority of folks in this group are, for the most part, trying to do the best they can for their chickens. There are some ways perhaps better than others, but telling us we're feeding garbage to our chickens is far from factual.

You opened the door when you told any of us who buy food for our chickens it's garbage, then calling us closed-minded because we won't believe you. You can do things your way, and make convincing arguments, but make your pitch without cutting everyone else's way down. If this was a post about "what should I feed my chickens," you can throw your two cents in as would everyone else.

The vast majority of folks in this group are, for the most part, trying to do the best they can for their chickens. There are some ways perhaps better than others, but telling us we're feeding garbage to our chickens is far from factual.
Look out you will be the next target :)

My first reply to this thread was about freeze-drying food. I didn't know my opinion about the freeze dried food wasn't allowed.

How do you know that commercial feed isn't "factually garbage" in my opinion?

I'm glad everyone is doing the best they can. I try to do the same.

Parent 1: You'll be just fine eating refined sugar everyday of your life.

Parent 2: Refined sugar is poison.

Which parent is right?

How long was Parent 1's kid's life?

I understand some people hate having hurt feelings. And I'm sure they can call their mom to talk about it.

Look out you will be the next target :)
I warned you :lau

Back
Top Bottom