What type of camera do you use to take your chicken pictures?

I have a Cannon Rebel XTi. It was ridiculously dirt cheap. Amazon had them on sale when I got mine and I paid under $500 for it. Like I said it was almost ridiculously cheap or someone made a pricing error.

I use different cameras. I use the DH's, sometimes which is a fujifilm Z5fd which takes really great photos if you want a pocket type camera, one of the best IMO. My favorite carry around is my Sony F717 . I did have a Canon Rebel XLT but upgraded to the Canon 5D Mark ll . I usually have it attached to a Canon 100-400 lens for some birding but have gotten some excellent shots of the chickens with the 100-400 with it at greater than normal distances.
But my favorite carry around is my Sony F717 that I have had many years, because you can do super close ups or zoom, lots of shooting options or just auto if you prefer. The lens swivels up and down independent of the camera body. That lets you get at eye level with the chickens and not have to lay on the ground to see the LCD screen or view finder. You can switch to view finder for regular shots, if you like using a view finder, just never found the need for it with this camera unless the batteries are low an I want to shoot more pics.
Also beware if you look for an older F717 on Ebay make sure the CCD sensor has been replace by the recall. My CCD senor went out (dreaded black screen) a few years back and Sony replaced it free of charge, but the recall dead line was Sept. 2008 as far as I know. You can find information on the web. Other than that it is a really great, great camera that you will hold on to and use plenty, for years to come and takes some awesome pics. Just my 2 cents.

Canon A590 IS. Great little camera.
love.gif

Canon Mark III 1D $4,000.00
with Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM Lens $2,000.00

But it's heavy, and I'm a whiner so most of the time I grab my Canon EOS Rebel! I paid $1500.00 for it but they are much cheaper now. I never wait.
hu.gif

Nikon D40, it's super easy to use and a good camera for me. I got a package deal (a couple of lenses, case, filters, etc...) and paid less than $600.

For a cheaper GREAT little digital Camer I second the Canon Powershot A590.
thumbsup.gif

I do professional Photographs with it. It has some awesome features. I paid about $180 for mine I believe. Refurbished.

Of course if you know how you can take great shots with nearly any camera. So don't think you have to go out and spend thousands to get a good picture. I would pick a camera that your comfortable with and work your way up.

Back
Top Bottom