What type of chicken is this ?

I think what Natj is trying to say that even though we both said that it *could* happen, it is not as rare as we presumed
Yes, something like that.

You both started by saying that it could not happen, and then explained how it sometimes can.

My point was that the answer to "can it happen" is YES, not NO. (Because it sometimes can happen.) I probably should have been a bit nicer about how I put it.

I did say egg bloom malfunctions are real.
Yes there can be malfunctions with the brown coating, but the brown is not the bloom.

Bloom is the slippery stuff that is on the egg when it is laid, that dries into a thin coating that may be whitish or may not be visible. Bloom is also called "cuticle." A thick layer of white bloom can make an egg look pink or gray or various other colors, depending on what color of shell is underneath the bloom.

When people talk about storing eggs without washing, they usually point out that the eggs last longer because they still have the bloom on them. Bloom comes off when the egg is washed. The brown does not come off when the egg is washed (it can be scraped off if you really scrub, but not with any normal level of washing.)

Back
Top Bottom