What type of chicks are these

SputniksChickens

Hatching
Jun 22, 2023
Can anyone help me identify these chicks? I was told they could be any of the following breeds:

Cornish Rock
Red and Black Sex Links
Buff Oprington
Americauna
White Leghorn

Also, if possible, can anyone tell me if they are roosters or pullets? Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2273.jpeg
    IMG_2273.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2233.jpeg
    IMG_2233.jpeg
    675.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 32
Looks like some Delaware cockerel, and one female in the last picture. Can't tell if she looks Delaware or is a Cornish. Has thick legs so I'm leaning Cornish.

Cornish rocks are going to be solid white. Cornish X White Rock. There wouldn't be any black lancets or black feathers at all for that matter.
I was wondering about the black feathers. My family has done broilers for many years but I hadn’t seen black feathers. These had the thick legs, bodies and patchy feathering.. makes sense they are coming up with some newer broiler varieties.

Thank you so much for your responses. Here are two updated pictures. The red one is way bigger than the white. She has been panting and wheezing. She has the thickest legs. Could she be a type of Cornish hen? Are the black and white still Cornish? Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    622.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    751.8 KB · Views: 10
Do you know where they came from? Could help with identifying the breeds. But they are some beefy cockerels. I would guess broiler varieties.

Back
Top Bottom