What type of geese are these at the reservoir?

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Songster
10 Years
Jan 23, 2010
Berry Creek, Ca
So I know the ducks are mallards and the canadian geese, but these 4 swam up and I was curious. There were 4. 3 the same breed, 1 maybe different. They were at the DeSabla reservoir in Desabla(up outside of paradise and magalia, California). There were houses along the resivior, but they could have been dumped.. who knows. I know I probably shouldn't be feeding them, but I brought the lettuce down that I picked off my sandwich and the little duck family was right there munching down! At least I wasn't throwing bread..
idunno.gif

ETA: actually its a PG&E owned reservior and its PG&E cabins that run along the backside. So they probably were dumped. I walked up to the edge to look out and ever goose, duck and duckling in there started swimming our way. Obviously used to people that 'feed the ducks'.

IMG_6133.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

(top left)
IMG_6126.jpg

Posting these just for fun!
IMG_6138.jpg

Couldnt believe how brave the ducklings were.
IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

Mama mallard and her 5 babies
IMG_6130.jpg

Last edited:
Ive definitely seen pictures on this forum that resemble those geese, but I can't remember what breed they were. Good job on feeding the lettuce instead of bread
wink.png

The dark one is probably a domestic greylag geese. The other lighter three are probably greylag geese too but are a color variant or hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom