What Type Of Incubator Is Preferred

stano40

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Southern Maine
I have been researching for the future and looking at an incubator for goose eggs.

The one I like the best so far is the GQF 1536 & 1527 Horizontal Rotation Incubators.

The only draw back is that when you add what is needed such as drawers, shipping, etc. you will be well over $700.00.

What is better letting the goose incubate her eggs or to incubate?

If incubation is preferred what works and what doesn't work?

bob

Quote:
Next year I am saving up for a dickeys incubator been wanting one of those for a couple years. I have heard good things about them.

I prefer to incubate the eggs on their sides. When I get my cabinet incubator, I'll be putting the chicken and duck eggs in there and incubating my goose eggs on their sides in my 6 brower tophatches unless I can construct a way to have them on their sides in the cabinet incubator.

If the incubator is a cabinet incubator $700 is a decent price, I plan to pay $800 plus for the dickeys.

Quote:
Bob are you planing on hatching LOTS of goose eggs? If so, the incubator may be the way to go, by stealing the eggs the goose will produce more eggs and if you are skilled or lucky you may hatch more than the goose by herself. Have you thought about how you are going to brood the goslings after they hatch? Lots of work! If you just want a moderate increase in your goose flock, please give some thought to the "Model 1 Broody Goose"
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom