What went wrong? Quail murders

I'm so sorry for laughing but the way you wrote that was like a comedy horror movie! And the matter of fact way you dealt with Kevin, but then the murders kept happening.... I would really like another episode of this show but obviously I hope your luck changes and they stop getting murdered. Also RIP Kevin, the misunderstood quail 🙏
I'm honestly glad you could find some humor in it. It was meant to be read that way 😆.

Also Kevin was a big fat jerk....it was just a matter of time. He hid in the garden during my first culling of 10 males. That's how he survived, and hopped back in the run a few days later. The only way I knew was because I had banded the others and he had nothing 🤣. He was mean to everyone and even tried to pick at me to the bitter end. He will make tasty thanksgiving food though!

The walls or what ever you call that around the area you have the little rabbit hutch in....those need to be rat proofed...with 1/2 inch hardware cloth.
So dig down a trench on the outside and put the wire down right? Then cover it back up so they can't dig in?

What happens when they have too much fat? #noob
They can become obese with all of the health issues associated with that. Too much protein can also lead to fatty liver disease. Like anything, moderation is key. A good diet with less than 10% in treats is what you're looking for.

As for securing your pen, you want 1/2" hardware cloth over everything. Since you have rats, you want to dig down and make a skirt around the aviary so they can't dig under and into the pen.

The older birds may be a bit more aware of the dangers of rats while the young ones are kind of clueless. It could also just be luck.

16951652648097073854102143911815.jpg

Step 1 in process

Back
Top Bottom