What/who killed my cockerel? ***warning graphic pictures***

He was really freaking out because my dog was trying to get at it, he doesn't like cats much either.. I put the dog inside and he calmed down until the chickens saw him. The chickens all started screaming at him and he couldn't get far enough to the other side of the cage haha
The chickens candled down and the cat all of a sudden changed demeanors and was meowing at me and acting all sweet. I have never let a trapped animal go scott free but I had a gut feeling he belonged to the neighbors. (Not that that's any reason at all to let him roam). But I told him he will not be as lucky next time... I think he's shook up enough to not come back. Trap is rebaited. If he does come back, we'll go for a little drive to the shelter.

We have a lot of feral cats in the neighborhood and a lot of pet cats. It seems everyone owns at least one or ten cats here.. My cat is a second generation domesticated cat and her mom was feral when we found her. She hates being indoors but the 6 years we've had her, she sticks around and doesn't cause trouble. She's actually terrified of the chickens, even the bantams.

Back
Top Bottom