What would I get......

May 22, 2020
Texas
In the spring, we are thinking about breeding our Golden Laced Wyandotte Rooster with our Black Sexlinked Hen? They are our two favorites of them all. Very sweet, great personalities, just everything we could want in a chicken. Just wondering what type of results we might get??

It's going to depend a little on the background of your Black Sex-Link hens. I'd definitely expect black chicks with red/gold leakage. You may also get golden laced (basically looking like your rooster) or red laced chicks, but that will depend on the genetic background of the hens.

No reason to expect any sex linking from this cross, so you could get males and females of each color.

It's going to depend a little on the background of your Black Sex-Link hens. I'd definitely expect black chicks with red/gold leakage. You may also get golden laced (basically looking like your rooster) or red laced chicks, but that will depend on the genetic background of the hens.

No reason to expect any sex linking from this cross, so you could get males and females of each color.
Thank you very much for the information. Yeah, I didn't figure on being able to sexlink them at all, from what I'd read. It will definitely be a surprise I'm sure when we do this. :) We are hoping the offspring will have their temperaments and heat tolerance like these two have, as we live in Texas. I was surprised, but he did great this year, after we introduced a cooling foot bath area for him. She lays nearly every day. Will be interesting to see how their babies turn out. Thanks again!

Black Sex Links are Usually(90% of the time) the result of the cross of RIR Rooster with Barred Rock Hens, that means that they are E/eWh, Co/Co+, Mh/mh+, s+/-, if these black hens are crossed to Gold Laced Rooster which are eb/eb, Co/Co, Ml/Ml, Pg/Pg, mh+/mh+, s+/s+, 50% Will be E/eb(black at hatch) 50% eWh/eb(yellow down with a middle stripe)

Black Sex Links are Usually(90% of the time) the result of the cross of RIR Rooster with Barred Rock Hens, that means that they are E/eWh, Co/Co+, Mh/mh+, s+/-, if these black hens are crossed to Gold Laced Rooster which are eb/eb, Co/Co, Ml/Ml, Pg/Pg, mh+/mh+, s+/s+, 50% Will be E/eb(black at hatch) 50% eWh/eb(yellow down with a middle stripe)
So in other words ?? 50/50 shot that half will resemble mom and half will resemble dad ??

Back
Top Bottom