What would she produce if I bred her?

goldie1234

Chirping
Jul 15, 2015
I have this Easter Egger that I love. I think she is so pretty. I have blue and a black purebred Ameraucana roosters. What would the off spring look like with either the black or the blue? If I may get some that look like her I'd breed her, if not I'll just hatch the purebreds.

Black is dominant to nearly everything else, so EExBlack Ameraucana is likely gonna produce black offspring, maybe with some color leakage from momma's side. Blue is basically just Black with a "coat" of Blue "paint" over the top (1 copy of the blue gene diluting black to a lighter color), so do EExBlue Ameraucana you'll get some offspring that are mostly Black with color leakage, and some that are mostly Blue with color leakage. That said, EEs have such mixed genetics, it's never 100% certain what they will produce.

In short, the offspring are probably gonna look like mostly like their daddies.

Black is dominant to nearly everything else, so EExBlack Ameraucana is likely gonna produce black offspring, maybe with some color leakage from momma's side. Blue is basically just Black with a "coat" of Blue "paint" over the top (1 copy of the blue gene diluting black to a lighter color), so do EExBlue Ameraucana you'll get some offspring that are mostly Black with color leakage, and some that are mostly Blue with color leakage. That said, EEs have such mixed genetics, it's never 100% certain what they will produce.

In short, the offspring are probably gonna look like mostly like their daddies.
I agree with QueenMisha.

Back
Top Bottom