What would you call the color or color pattern of these EE?

goldie1234

Chirping
Jul 15, 2015

They are gorgeous! I love the colors of EEs! However, the top one is not an official color. It is beautiful, however. The bottom one looks similar to a Silver Campine, which I think is Silver Penciled.

Wow. I've never seen one remotely like the first one! Very interesting. I think I have the male version of your black and white.

I'd love to have a black and white pullet like yours! (What I was hoping this cockerel was when I picked it from the bin haha) I dont know the names of colorings yet so I'm interested to hear what the pro consensus is!

Neither of your EEs are official colors, but I agree with GitaBooks that the one in the bottom pic looks somewhat similar to a silver penciled color pattern.

EEs don't really get specific "colors" like other breeds, just because they are such a mix of different feathering patterns... I love their different colors!

Surprised the black and white isn't male ;)

The rusty colored one, if someone were to ask what color mine are that look like that, I say "Partridge" .. It's the closest to the coloring with the brown barring.

Otherwise, I like blonde, brunette, and redhead for description lol... I have one blonde, a brunette, and 2 redheads lol ;)

Thanks! The top one is a roo I'm thinking. I can't decided if I should keep him. He is so pretty! I can't wait for the pullet to start laying. I was convinced that one was a roo too! I'm glad she's looking like a hen now!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom