What would you call this Rooster’s color?

What would you call this comb? View attachment 2616896
Pea. I like the parrot beak. It’s not at a chrysanthemum comb development. Ko Shamos look really fancy because of the chrysanthemum combs.
(i really don’t know if I like them anymore, “chrysanthemum” is too hard to spell)

Florida Bullfrogs is definitely pea. It is heterozygous for single comb, but so were some of my Buckeye LF.
I feel like a comb should be defined by its genetics (and the dominant trait, not recessives) not what it looks like. At least combs have been mostly consistent... plumage colors are... to put it confusingly... a horse of a different color.

I honestly find it really hard to classify some combs - due to the wiiiide range of expression and the potential for combinations of more than one type. Seems to me that from one breed to another breed you can get visual differences despite "technically" having the same comb.

Florida Bullfrogs is definitely pea. It is heterozygous for single comb, but so were some of my Buckeye LF.
I feel like a comb should be defined by its genetics (and the dominant trait, not recessives) not what it looks like. At least combs have been mostly consistent... plumage colors are... to put it confusingly... a horse of a different color.
Would that mean that if I bred him to single comb hens, a percentage of the chicks should have single combs?

Back
Top Bottom