What would you do in this situation?

I'm a 1st responder at work. Trained in cuts, bruises, bug bites, spider bites, snake bites, heart attacks and strokes. My advice? Go to work, look up my counterpart. I'm not a doctor or a p.a. but my boss's respect my advice and if you show up, you generally won't get written up for being too sick/hurt to work. I've been bitten by a black widow when I was 10, not a picnic, but not a game ender either. Makes you sick (at least it did me) so if it was a bw or a Brown R L I would worry, if another, let my counterpart make the call, don't get in trouble, and keep your job. If a Black Widow or Brown Recluse, let the ER doc's make the call when they write your absentiesm note.

Good advice Boyd. BTW my cousin was bitten 2 different times last year by a Brown Recluse. She was put on heavy duty antibiotics both times.
Good luck onenoodle.

heading to the doc tomorrow morning. It has little red lines coming out from the edges. But it doesn't hurt or anything. It's kinda numb. The EMT's at work treated it the other night so it's on record that I have a spider bite. What's really weird is I ALWAYS check the shower stall before getting in it for spiders. I have ever since I saw the movie Arachnophobia. We really don't have many spiders around here because I spray around the house. The chickies don't free range here due to the dogs and other animals around. Anyway, I checked the shower over pretty good the other night and have no idea where the soon to be squashed spider was hiding.

There are disadvantages in having to wear glasses.
hide.gif

heading to the doc tomorrow morning. It has little red lines coming out from the edges. But it doesn't hurt or anything. It's kinda numb. The EMT's at work treated it the other night so it's on record that I have a spider bite. What's really weird is I ALWAYS check the shower stall before getting in it for spiders. I have ever since I saw the movie Arachnophobia. We really don't have many spiders around here because I spray around the house. The chickies don't free range here due to the dogs and other animals around. Anyway, I checked the shower over pretty good the other night and have no idea where the soon to be squashed spider was hiding.

There are disadvantages in having to wear glasses.
hide.gif

*Shudder* Arachnophobia was a HORRIBLE movie!!! Ugh.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I do think you made the right call in going to work. Keep us updated! Hopefully your bite improves!!

Yeah I know what you mean about the burning house my son was going to work one day he worked at walmart or giant he came up on a auto accident he knew allthe stuff to help he was certified so by law he had to help this lady was bleeding and he was the one who did everything before the ambulance came he stopped the bleading he ran around with stuff for this anyhow he was late to work he didn't get wrote up but his boss gave him a hard time I said never mind you have to stop to help never mind it coud of been life or death and my son went on his way once the abulance game he he was sure the person was going to be ok and he didn't give his name or anything I told him to stop and help some one is to be good you need no reconition for what you do you see people who get plaques and thing medles for doing something heroic but this is not why you do it it is the right thing to do.
I personally would like to see these people be put in the house on fire or like my son and if it were not for my son or the fireman to go in a do something and some one died what would they say then. I told my son you never do anything for glory you do it because it is the right thing to do you are not to except money or anything not even a thank you it is the right thing to do that is all. If my son was fired over this I would go in to his boss a ball him out.

The unoinn is to help the workers and not to have them fired I have heard some are weak and that is a shame.

I hope things go better for you.

Rhayden

I understand I work at a non union store in a at will employment state and they have some wacky rules it seems so they can fire a person at any time if they really want to. I was wrote up for missing more than once in a month even with doctor statements. My company has a rule that if you are off the clock you are not allowed on company property also if your in an unauthorized area you cold be fired for that also, but their are no signs stating what areas are off limits or to whom. So if I come in on my day off to shop or even walk 25 feet in the store to the service desk to pick up my paycheck technically I can be wrote up and fired possibly also if I wanted to speak to my boss and went to his office would that be considered an unauthorized area? your guess is as good as mine, more than likely the attitude of the boss would tell.

Back
Top Bottom