What would you do with this coop?

What about covering the top with those corrugated sheets of plastic like material they have at hardware stores? They're like the corrugated tin but translucent & would let light in. When I've bought them they're about $15 each and you could just hammer them onto the existing frame.

What about covering the top with those corrugated sheets of plastic like material they have at hardware stores? They're like the corrugated tin but translucent & would let light in. When I've bought them they're about $15 each and you could just hammer them onto the existing frame.

How big is each piece?

How big is each piece?

The "corrugated" plastic is polycarbonate sheeting. That's the best stuff. The cheaper translucent sheets are vinyl and will degrade (cloud) over time in reaction to UV rays. Prices are about 11.00 per 4' x 26" section with a 1" overlap on each side. Sold in 8' and 12' lengths (x 26"). 8 foot sheet runs about 22.00 with the 12' sheet running about 33.00. You can not "just hammer" these sheets in place. Holes must be predrilled and framing should be in place to support the panels. If you are just doing something temporary, stick with plywood sheets and a tarp. You can easily remove the plywood when you move for reuse in your new location. Don't spend a lot of money unless it is YOUR home and YOUR property.

Back
Top Bottom