WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help. I have noticed eggs missing from under my broody silkies this has been going on for months and I thought they were eating the eggs. Well when I looked and there were 5 eggs missing from under her from just last night, I recovered 4 of them and 1 was right up next to a hole under the ground.

DO I have a rat problem and how do I take care of it without harming my chickens. My worthless barn cats aren't doing there job and ever since I lost my faithful flock protector dog in 2011 she used to get the rats my other dogs won't. Now I have a problem. If it is rats they are taking the eggs from my broody silkie hens every time my silkies go broody.
somad.gif
Do a google and look for owl safe rat poison or rat traps. They do a lot of stuff so the corpses will not kill owls, it also will not kill a chicken. ( its like plaster of paris or something...)

Last edited:
I'm trying to find out the name of the rat trap a breeder by me uses... I know she swears by it...

I updated my swap page... if I owe you something (eggs or plants in spring), please double check that I have you on my list!!

As some of you know, some of my birds need to go. With my lack of income, their feed is costing too much. If it was Spring and I could supplement with grass, it would be different. Would it be crazy of me to set a dozen or so eggs from a pen if I sell the pen so if I regret selling that group in the future, I'd still have my genetics? Or am I just grasping for thin air? There are some breeds that will not go. I plan on keeping my bantams, LF Langshan, Sussex, Icelandics, Iowa Blue, and RIR. I'm going to list my ducks, geese, and all but about 6 Guineas, and EE pullets on Craigslist. Probably the Coturnix too. Those I won't set eggs from but my breeding pens I may. I hate needing to make this decision.
So sorry Jim.
hugs.gif
It's a tough decision.

I specifically selected all the pieces that went into your See's assortment. They are my favorites. I am glad you enjoyed them. Are the Ghirardelli chocolates gone too? If they, are you a chocoholic
wink.png

I wondered how come I liked every single one! Because usually in an asst. there is always some you don't like. I definitely don't want to miss your swap again if you offer those! Ok no, not all the Ghiradelli is gone, so maybe that's not so bad?
lau.gif

I wondered how come I liked every single one! Because usually in an asst. there is always some you don't like. I definitely don't want to miss your swap again if you offer those! Ok no, not all the Ghiradelli is gone, so maybe that's not so bad?
lau.gif

You are a See's Nuts and Chews gal. If you claim my offer again, I'll know what to send.
smile.png

Reese---how bout trips? We sometimes get mice in the house traps are the best. Last year we had 15!!!! I could not believe it. Thats what I get for living in the woods. We had none this year.

Jim--sorry you have to get rid of some of the flock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom