WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so bummed I can't claim anything because I won't be home till the first week in February. I can't wait till spring!! My garden and hatching my first eggs
Kimmie
We'll still be here when you get back. Go and make some fun of it. It will be closer to Spring then when you get back
wink.png
so that means closer to getting your garden in and hatching your first eggs. Yay!

Here's my pic!!

This is a bantam cochin pullet that went broody a few days after I set these GNH eggs from Pauletta... the ones under her were clear, so when I put these in lockdown, I put one under her and the other 2 in the bator (she's a first-timer, so I didn't want to put them all under her)... They hatched Tuesday night and last night... I was easily able to give the other 2 chicks to her last night, and they're a big happy family in a box in the basement now=) Sooo glad I had a better hatch this time!!! My boys named her "Sweetie" after seeing how cute she is with those chicks
big_smile.png

Here's my pic!!

This is a bantam cochin pullet that went broody a few days after I set these GNH eggs from Pauletta... the ones under her were clear, so when I put these in lockdown, I put one under her and the other 2 in the bator (she's a first-timer, so I didn't want to put them all under her)... They hatched Tuesday night and last night... I was easily able to give the other 2 chicks to her last night, and they're a big happy family in a box in the basement now=) Sooo glad I had a better hatch this time!!! My boys named her "Sweetie" after seeing how cute she is with those chicks
big_smile.png

They are adorable!

Just wanted to share this with anyone that has not already seen it. I saw some of you on the thread.

Anyway, Shellie (CelticOaksfarm) shared this with me and I am so excited about the information that I wanted to make others aware of growing and feeding fodder. I was looking for some way to make sure my geese and ducks had a balanced diet when I put them in their breeding pens and they don't get out everyday to forage. This system sounds great for poultry and lots of of animals. What's better than getting our animals great food and saving money!!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/713334/growing-fodder-for-chickens/1#post

A breeder by me started that thread... she takes amazing care of her chickens, and they are beautiful birds!! In fact, that pullet in the pic above is one of hers ( a cull, but still one of hers)

A breeder by me started that thread... she takes amazing care of her chickens, and they are beautiful birds!! In fact, that pullet in the pic above is one of hers ( a cull, but still one of hers)
I have my seeds soaking and plan on seeing how it all works. I am excited and hope it works out.

Hi everyone. The owner of my building came today and said he has had complaints about the birds sound and smell. I dont understand becuase unless your right outside my front room window you cant hear them and I havent smelled any smell except bedding clean bedding cause I change it out once a week or if it gets wet or dirty. But thats beside the point I guess. I have to get rid of my birds, Im looking for people that want 3 serama 2 hens and 1 roo , and 9 button quail. I can ship them if no one is close enough to pick them up. They will be free but I would like help 50/50 with shipping costs , they are little they wiegh about 1 pound each so shipping all three serama should cost no more then 45 dollers I think tops and the buttons should be maybe 25-30 as they barely wiegh anything. Im hopeing aganst hope he will let me keep butter the special needs silkie cuase she cant go out with a flock she needs to be inside or in a pen with maybe one or two other small calm birds becuase of her lack of mobility.

Also anyone I owe eggs to please get ahold of me and let me know what I owe you from what swap and I will be gathering eggs till they leave. The cots go tammrow so I will only have the 4 eggs I already gatherd today and any they may lay tammrow befor they go. I get about 3 eggs a week from tweety pie the serama so I am not sure how many eggs I can gather befor they leave.

Last edited:
Can you talk to the owner? I can maybe see the serama roo, but nobody else makes that much noise. If anyone complains about quail or hens, then tell the owner that the building isn't sound, **** it. I'm so sorry this happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom