WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what age do they start laying. I know nothing about this breed except that they are supposed to be good egg layers and a hardy breed. So I have no clue how to tell the sex of them or even when they will lay there first egg. Lol

My luck all the bigger ones are Roosters.
gig.gif

My luck all the bigger ones are Roosters.
gig.gif
Congrats!
clap.gif
You're going to love them. Post head pics if you can and we will help you figure it out. But generally, if you see red wattles on them at that age, they are boys. The crested boys can take longer to show than the non-crested. My girls did not drop the wattles until they were ready to start laying at about 21 weeks.

Ok, I will take head shots tomorrow. They are in one of my heated coops. I want to make sure they stay safe. I may just have to go and buy more if I have a ton of roos. Lol....

I believe all of them are crested. I asked for a mix of crested and non crested but I believe they are all crested.

Ok, Here goes guys. I am stumped, I don't see any dark red combs or wattles on any of them. They are all really light colored and tiny. There is no way I have 9 hens, or is there..... If so I have to go back and buy more to get some roo's. Lol.... Tried my best on the pics.

#1 #2

#3 #4

#5 #5 again

#6 #7

#7 again #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom