WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately we sold all of our chickens last fall. :( cause i had to sell my home due to getting separated from my ex. grr.
miss the chickens... CRIES.....
Awww that is so sad! Do you remember the eggs I got from you last time I swapped about a year ago? You sent 6 Jap eggs, 4 hatched and I got 1 roo and 3 hens. :) I still have them all, they are a perfect little flock and I have 3 generations of them now (I got some new blood, don't worry!) all because of you. The first rooster I got is perfect, like show-winning, brings home first prize every time I enter him in something kind of perfect. I got really lucky and you are a super breeder. If you ever want to get back into the Jap banties, I'd be happy to send you some of your grandeggs. I only have black-tailed white and buff, but they are great little birds.

Also, sorry to hear of your troubles, you have my very best wishes.

Unfortunately we sold all of our chickens last fall. :( cause i had to sell my home due to getting separated from my ex. grr.
miss the chickens... CRIES.....

That's terrible! I would hate to be without chickens. Someday not too far I will have pure hatching eggs. If you find yourself in need of some let me know as well and I will mail you some. I would hate to have to sell my flock. I can't imagine being chicken-less now :p

I got my eggs from silkiesensation today! Wonderful packing job and I am so delighted some sq eggs were thrown in!
One question- does anyone know what bbr sdw stand for? It was written on the smallest egg.

Got my waffle iron fron reesepoulty today! Yay - maybe I'll have time before activities on Saturday morning to make up a batch for the kiddos. Thanks for the great packaging too!

I got my eggs from silkiesensation today! Wonderful packing job and I am so delighted some sq eggs were thrown in!
One question- does anyone know what bbr sdw stand for? It was written on the smallest egg.

Sounds like OEGB eggs: i.e Silver Duckwing & Bb Red

Awww that is so sad! Do you remember the eggs I got from you last time I swapped about a year ago? You sent 6 Jap eggs, 4 hatched and I got 1 roo and 3 hens. :) I still have them all, they are a perfect little flock and I have 3 generations of them now (I got some new blood, don't worry!) all because of you. The first rooster I got is perfect, like show-winning, brings home first prize every time I enter him in something kind of perfect. I got really lucky and you are a super breeder. If you ever want to get back into the Jap banties, I'd be happy to send you some of your grandeggs. I only have black-tailed white and buff, but they are great little birds.

Aww I am glad that you got some nice chickens from my stock.
some day I will have chickens again, but right now i am renting and cant have them.
but maybe in a couple years I can have them again.

Aw!!! This was sweet of you to post this to meepitqueenie!
love.gif

Aww I am glad that you got some nice chickens from my stock.
some day I will have chickens again, but right now i am renting and cant have them.
but maybe in a couple years I can have them again!
I surely hope you can get some more chickies. :) I'd love you to have some grandeggs.

In case you were wondering, the perfect rooster's name is Odin, and all his wives are various Norse mythology characters, like his head hen Frigga, and Freya, Sif, Hel, and so forth. I'll have to get you some pictures. I also had Thor, Odin's son, but he passed away suddenly from who knows what - didn't affect the rest of the flock and he just keeled over. No idea.

Anyway I thought you might like to hear that. Got the eggs on a whim for the swap and they turned into one of my very favorite breeds. Love them! <3

I surely hope you can get some more chickies. :) I'd love you to have some grandeggs.

In case you were wondering, the perfect rooster's name is Odin, and all his wives are various Norse mythology characters, like his head hen Frigga, and Freya, Sif, Hel, and so forth. I'll have to get you some pictures. I also had Thor, Odin's son, but he passed away suddenly from who knows what - didn't affect the rest of the flock and he just keeled over. No idea.

Anyway I thought you might like to hear that. Got the eggs on a whim for the swap and they turned into one of my very favorite breeds. Love them! <3
Awsome, My daughter named them to after mythology well at least the btb. Cronos was the father and BoB of the shows up here mostly. he was the btb roo.
some of the other varieties were named after food- the whites - sugar, flour, etc. and mottled pepper etc. pepper was my favorite... always attacked my shoe. had a lot of character. her and my rir hen.

When I get back into chickens i want to do mottled and btb japs, rir bantams, barred rock bantams, and some ees,marans lf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom