WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't get the staph infection at Walmart, you got it at the hospital. Its called MRSA and hospitals (and gyms for some reason) are rife with it.

You can get MRSA anywhere. Most people probably already have it in their body. It just needs an opportunity to show itself, such as someone's immunity being compromised.

Yup. All the folks with MRSA are lifetime carriers. So when they touch that Walmart cart or sit in the restaraunt, they can contaminate it and you can pick it up. The instructors had this conversation with us because everyone was freakedout about MRSA rooms. If a patient has ever been cultured for it, they get a contact precaution room, whether they have an open MRSA case or not

We were taught to only use it in the hospital setting. Other places are lower risk and only really require regular soap, which will wash it down the drain. There are studies where they innoculate a regular bar of soap with bacteria and wash hands with it... the innoculated bar did not transmit the bacteria to their hands. I'm a freak, I know, but I had to research if my soap was good enough to help keep people safe without antibacterial agents, lol.

wink.png
big_smile.png
, loled when I saw this
Hey I can't help it I did get them and I love them
wee.gif

I know right! I've got tears rolling down my face just thinking about it. Y'all are too funny. Hey any one have Canning books or stuff for a swap? I think this spring I wanna give it a try. But I am a newbie. Oh "Dancing" Bella Mae says hello.

And my new Grandson Logan
Though he was madder than heck in this pic LOLOL

Mom, Dad and Logan

Me and Logan
How wonderful a new Grandbaby I have a sorta new Grandbaby he is four months and his name is Talyn, don't you just love Grandbabies? So different then your own kids much more fun. I take care of Talyn two days a week and he is so easy I don't remember my kids being this easy. I have other Grandkids four others in fact but they all live a few hours away so I didn't get to see them as much. I am glad everybody looks good in the pics, nice and healthy. Enjoy the little one he is a keeper!

Kimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom