WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. If anyone misbehaves, they'll be sent a box of ostrich chicks!! Explain THAT to your husbands, lol.
Note to self....MISBEHAVE TO GET OSTRICH CHICKS
droolin.gif

gig.gif

Just had to share saw it on FB and so cute... i need to make these for easter...
and i with out bantam eggs now :(
That is adorable!! But sadly I have no little eggs.
Long time no see. How is everyone. I am almost bird less. I am still sad I had to get rid of my chickens. I have little special needs butter and 2 chicks that hatched in my sons class room that Ill have to get rid of soon and that's it all my serama are gone the owner of the building got fed up with it takeing so long and they had to go. Sadly that ment I coudnt send the last batch in the mail to the person I promised them too as I couldnt aford the shipping when the owner put his foot down and as he was writeing up eviction notices that day I decided I coudnt risk being one of the people getting them. Its so wierd not haveing my little chickens everywhere. I actually miss the crowing some times. I try not to but I get so irritated becuase I had to get rid of my chickens cuase someone complained but the nahbors here are pretty loud. The one next door keeps her 2 year old up till 3 or 4 am so she will sleep in the next day and the babies room is wall to wall with mine so I get to listen to a loud crashing playing screaming toddler till all hours of the morning and the girl up stairs gets into fights with her boyfriend ususally between 5 and 6 am (guess she isnt a morning person lol) but ether way I am commonly kept up or woken up several times a night but my little tiny serama roo crowing at 630-730 in the morning a couple times is the horrible thing
rant.gif
. Sorry I had to rant .
What has everyone been up to lately? The weather warming up for you all now that its sapose to be spring
big_smile.png
I am so sorry some people are such buttheads, so what a roo crows in the morning big deal. I don't mind animals sounds because I like animals it's the inconsiderate humans I can't stand. I am happy you got to keep butter though.
I'm so glad I'm in a house instead of an apartment. I spent most of the past 10 years in apartments & duplexes. I HATE noisy neighbors!!! I have 1 out here now who likes to target shoot in the back yard & have to listen to that. But I get even, I have 10 roosters.
gig.gif
Funny thing is I am 1/2 back in the woods on a private trail a neighbor came over and said "do you have a rooster" and there by her is my blue Jersey Giant I said "no I don't have one, why", no really I said yes I do right here. She said her boyfriend does not like to get up that early, oh well to bad is my response. I can't believe he made her come over and say anything. Well now I have four roo's and he is back from being a snowbird and soon he will have his windows open oh well.
That is pretty funny! DH and I have always thought of our "eating egg chickens" as our little band of rebels. They go where they want, eat what they want, and do as they want. All day every day. I have just never thought about blue painted, kilt wearing, chickens...til now.....
I will probably giggle myself into tears the next time they see me with the feed bucket and run at me full force.
goodpost.gif

gabble.....
gig.gif
...I'll be out there laughing at mine now when they start charging me!!

corancher-Icelandics were dubbed "pile chickens" by early Icelanders because that is where they foraged....in the manure piles of the livestock. I try to think of them as "mini-transformers/sanitizers"...it doesn't matter what goes gross thing goes in....a delicious egg comes out.....but then there is the matter of the same place depositing eggs and poop.....oh, well....best to not think about it!!
lau.gif
Just enjoy the eggs!!
I have Icelandic's hoping to get more hens. They are a feisty breed alright
Lol. If anyone misbehaves, they'll be sent a box of ostrich chicks!! Explain THAT to your husbands, lol.
My husband never complains sooooooo does that mean I can misbehave?
ya.gif

"They're just large chicks, they don't get much bigger, dear."
wink.png

a few months later.....
"I don't know why they're so big, but lookit those drumsticks!!!!"
ep.gif
I can't imanige how much they eat.
Lol! Hey now, no choices on punishments!
Hmmmmmmmmm I will have to think of my punishment, happen to have a puppy?

That is adorable!! But sadly I have no little eggs.
I am so sorry some people are such buttheads, so what a roo crows in the morning big deal. I don't mind animals sounds because I like animals it's the inconsiderate humans I can't stand. I am happy you got to keep butter though.
Funny thing is I am 1/2 back in the woods on a private trail a neighbor came over and said "do you have a rooster" and there by her is my blue Jersey Giant I said "no I don't have one, why", no really I said yes I do right here. She said her boyfriend does not like to get up that early, oh well to bad is my response. I can't believe he made her come over and say anything. Well now I have four roo's and he is back from being a snowbird and soon he will have his windows open oh well.

goodpost.gif

I have Icelandic's hoping to get more hens. They are a feisty breed alright
My husband never complains sooooooo does that mean I can misbehave?
ya.gif

I can't imanige how much they eat.
Hmmmmmmmmm I will have to think of my punishment, happen to have a puppy?
None of my neighbors have complained about my roos yet actually, but I just moved in over Christmas so no one's windows are open yet. The neighbor right next door mentioned hearing a roo, but she has been buying fresh eggs so doesn't mind.

No puppies, but I have 6 new kittens that will need homes in a few weeks.

Yep, that's 1 of my brooders she has them in. Guess no chicks in there for a while.
gig.gif

Quote: X2!!!
hugs.gif

ME! ME! My husband really wouldn't mind! He didn't mind at all when I was given 2 Emu eggs for the cost of shipping to hatch-they both hatched.
tongue.png

I raised them for 2 1/2 months and sold them for $90. I paid $15 for shipping.
big_smile.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

My neighbor has 10 Border Collie puppies right now. They are 5 weeks old and SO adorable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom