WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
barnie.gif
dagnabit I missed those SFH eggs!!!!!!! phone rang at same moment I was typing MINE
barnie.gif

barnie.gif
dagnabit I missed those SFH eggs!!!!!!! phone rang at same moment I was typing MINE
barnie.gif
I'm so sorrrrrrry!!!
hide.gif
Ok, not really....
tongue.png
I'm on a SFH mission!!! I couldn't believ they'd been up a half hour when I saw them! I'll make sure you get the next one! I have 18 + coming from three different sources now, so I'd say I might be just fine to start a flock.

Last edited:
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
Give Beth a yell. Her's hatch like crazy! I am not sure you could NOT get one to hatch. I have them everywhere. The DH calls them the indestructible amazing eggs. I had a temp spike of 104 one day, then when they got put into the hatcher that same day the heater went out. They still hatched. They got down to 75 too. Strong healthy chicks too. Love these guys!

It actually gets worse when they move out....
My son moved out over a year ago and I thought his room stayed messy when he stayed here.... but OMG...
Him & his GF's house it completely trashed. I don't go visit much because I can't stand it & there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.
At least I don't have to live there. My OCD would act up me.
gig.gif
Mary I know what you mean my kids except one are slobs I mean slobs where did they learn that? I could work circles around them and I am 55 and sick. It was always "ok I will" but ok I will never happened. I am glad I don't live with them. I would rather live in the chicken coop in the middle of winter!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Silkie this hatching thing sound so complacated! I don't know if I can do it. Want on earth are doing with all those babies?

Kimmie
Well, I sold over $40 worth today, so making money off of them.
gig.gif
I had less than $12 in them, so about $30 profit.
big_smile.png
Some of the eggs were my own, so that cuts a lot on the expense & gives you a decent profit if you can get them sold before you put too much time & feed into them. It really isn't complicated. I turn eggs by hand, but you can simplify with a turner. If you have 2 bators you can run staggered hatches all the time & never turn your turners off. You just move the eggs to the 2nd bator (hatcher) at lockdown & forget about them until you hear peeping & clattering shells. Then plop them in the brooder & do it all over again.

Well, I sold over $40 worth today, so making money off of them.
gig.gif
I had less than $12 in them, so about $30 profit.
big_smile.png
Some of the eggs were my own, so that cuts a lot on the expense & gives you a decent profit if you can get them sold before you put too much time & feed into them. It really isn't complicated. I turn eggs by hand, but you can simplify with a turner. If you have 2 bators you can run staggered hatches all the time & never turn your turners off. You just move the eggs to the 2nd bator (hatcher) at lockdown & forget about them until you hear peeping & clattering shells. Then plop them in the brooder & do it all over again.
Haha that's pretty much my life since I got a hatcher... Besides the profit part. :p I got a lg bator for a hatcher because when my dh was at the feed store a random guy came up and tapped him on the shoulder and gave him a $20 gift card. So my sweet dh got the bator for $30 out of pocket! I was worried because they are so basic and my hatch rate with my hovabator was so so, but it turns out when they get to the lockdown stage they don't need much besides humidity. My bator hasn't been turned off since! Btw I got a "factory blemished" brinsea Eco 20 for 1/3 the price and it is the best thing ever! So easy and my hatch rates have been awesome.

Haha that's pretty much my life since I got a hatcher... Besides the profit part.
tongue.png

I got a lg bator for a hatcher because when my dh was at the feed store a random guy came up and tapped him on the shoulder and gave him a $20 gift card. So my sweet dh got the bator for $30 out of pocket! I was worried because they are so basic and my hatch rate with my hovabator was so so, but it turns out when they get to the lockdown stage they don't need much besides humidity. My bator hasn't been turned off since!
Btw I got a "factory blemished" brinsea Eco 20 for 1/3 the price and it is the best thing ever! So easy and my hatch rates have been awesome.
Well that's good to know. I have both now...I got the temp on the LG reading at 100 and still tweaking the humidity for hatching.

Just wanted to let people know I got SilkieSensation's eggs today! 5 silkies, one cochin, and 3 mixed banties! So excited to have some silkies! :D Thank you so much for the eggstras!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom