WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been working on the Chicken egg cozies and they are turning out great!! should be ready next week. each one takes at least an hour to do, so please understand if I'm a bit delayed.

OMGoodness I am back! Promise this time. I sooooooooo miss you guys! Time to get my shopping on and start the swapping going again. Just been reading all I have missed. WHEW!! Y'all have been busy.
I can only imagine all the hatching going on from the swaps this past winter. How crazy amazing was that! I just got turkey eggs from AYEUPCHUCK in perfect condition. They are sooooo large! My granddaughter and I were thrilled. Also got an awesome box of eggs from Farmerchef in perfect condition. Everything is in the bator so
fl.gif

I am going to start canning soon. Major project (for me LOL) my first time by myself. So I am making a shopping list of all the goodies I will need. I think it's cheaper to buy a jar of jelly than to preserve one but I think it's the fact I am making them. (Right?) Why do you all can ? Honestly you can't just can 12 of one item because you want to gift. So 24 of everything? You know my mother had a long wooden table my Dad made for her outside and she did all her canning over a fire. This seems better than on an electric burner. What are your thoughts?

Last year I got a little canning happy and canned over 700 jars! I was always in a mad dash to find more used jars (they are definitely cheaper that way) and of course always buying the lids too! I canned everything from jams, peaches, pears, my own apple pectin, pickles, beets, carrots, lots of tomato products, to turkey and smoked salmon! I love canning. It is so fufilling to feel like you are providing for your family! And since I don't do sugar, you also know what is going into your foods. Good luck in your canning endeavers!

Last year I got a little canning happy and canned over 700 jars! I was always in a mad dash to find more used jars (they are definitely cheaper that way) and of course always buying the lids too! I canned everything from jams, peaches, pears, my own apple pectin, pickles, beets, carrots, lots of tomato products, to turkey and smoked salmon! I love canning. It is so fufilling to feel like you are providing for your family! And since I don't do sugar, you also know what is going into your foods. Good luck in your canning endeavers!
I know who to get ahold of with canning questions later this summer...LOL

Of course! Anytime!
hugs.gif
Canning friends are just as good as chicken/duck/goose friends!
My mom canned practically everything when I was little & usually has a huge garden but she's spending a lot of her time in Florida any more & gets a bit moody when you interrupt her sunbathing or card playing...LOL It's better to have people who are canning at the same time to ask questions.
hugs.gif

Of course! Anytime!
hugs.gif
Canning friends are just as good as chicken/duck/goose friends!
My mom canned practically everything when I was little & usually has a huge garden but she's spending a lot of her time in Florida any more & gets a bit moody when you interrupt her sunbathing or card playing...LOL It's better to have people who are canning at the same time to ask questions.
hugs.gif
:yuckyuck is anyone else having trouble posting pictures today?

Last edited:
My daughter just saw this & asked if it was her bunny. I told her you were the 1 that made her bunny & she said "Tell her I said thank you very much."

Tell her she is very welcome. I enjoy making them.... i see bears and chicken plushies in the near future and little purse like bags...
so i am in need of certain supplies. and i am going to be going through all my craft items and at some point listing a bunch on my swap page.

so the poly plastic stuffing beads, cotton fabrics, buttons, beads, zippers... etc... all things i use... and colored sewing threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom