WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I made the difficult decision to cull my little disabled chick. She wasn't showing any signs of improvement and was cheeping almost constantly. I have to be gone from 4AM tomorrow until late in the evening, so I wouldn't be able to get food and water into her. The friend I was going to give her to and I had a talk and we decided it was best for her... I'm so sad.

I put 7 rainbow eggs from SewChaos into lockdown on Wednesday and 3 of them have hatched already! They are due tomorrow and I was so worried I went out and got a dlink camera so I can watch them from my phone or iPad! I'll be with my kids at the MN state 4H dog bowl competition, but I'll be able to keep my eye on the chicks... My bator is at work and 1 had hatched before I left with 2 more pipped. I just checked the cam and 2 more are out!! Nothing like new babies to ease the heartbreak of losing one...

Ugg. I had to cull one this last hatch. Slippede tendon I think that just wouldn't improve at all. So hard to do, but I just couldn't see any quality of life there.

Ugh sorry TMN...i hate culling babies;( i seem to do it with every hatch though...slipped tendons...funking feet...i try and fix all of them but if after 72 hrs they arent healed...heaven is their fate :( Its hard when I hate sex links....Roos do not grow out to sell or get eatten my place unless its planned....

On a great note i have paulettas GNH and RIR in my bator cooking away...1/2 made it past day 7

And 21 beautiful blue wheaton ameracauna eggs! Waiting on CCLs to arrive and tons more...traveling 3 hours to meet up with chickenstalker and 1 mommahen hen today to swap 25 cases of canning jars...and a bator im borrowing to cook more eggs!! Lol

Ugh sorry TMN...i hate culling babies;( i seem to do it with every hatch though...slipped tendons...funking feet...i try and fix all of them but if after 72 hrs they arent healed...heaven is their fate
sad.png
Its hard when I hate sex links....Roos do not grow out to sell or get eatten my place unless its planned....

On a great note i have paulettas GNH and RIR in my bator cooking away...1/2 made it past day 7

And 21 beautiful blue wheaton ameracauna eggs! Waiting on CCLs to arrive and tons more...traveling 3 hours to meet up with chickenstalker and 1 mommahen hen today to swap 25 cases of canning jars...and a bator im borrowing to cook more eggs!! Lol
hmm.png
gotta do whatcha gotta do.

If you want to try something simple, cut a piece of bandaid and put on the good leg like you're going to hobble him, but instead leave it hanging, The chick is so busy trying to get it that he starts to use his bad leg.
I may give that a try! thanks

I need some lavender orphingtons and blue copper Marans....who has these for swap? I will be stalking you....

Aaaahhhhhhh!!!! A duck egg pipped early!! They don't even go into lockdown until tomorrow! They're still in the turner!! I'm not ready! I'm not ready!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom