WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you silkie sensation I hatched 3 of the Peking duck eggs I got from you. They are the cutest babies.

Thanks, Betta! I would be freaking if none of them started zipping by tomorrow... I guess I'll have to sit on my hands and be patient! I had two eggs left of the 7 from SewChaos that made it to lockdown, so I candled them... Nothing. Float test... Nothing. So I carefully opened them. The one must have quit right after lockdown and the dark egg never even developed... So I took the chicks out, did a quick emergency cleaning of the hatcher and put the ducks into lockdown. 3 of the 4 have pipped!!! Can't wait for baby duckies!!

The 5 chicks that hatched from SewChaos...

Is anyone interested in a kid's swap? It'd be like one of the monthly swaps, so not a chain. I was thinking that you'd sign up one time for each kid, send me the child(ren)'s name, age, gender and any allergies. Then each child would get a small box in the mail full of goodies. Goodies would not be assigned a category, so it could be anything from edible treats, trinkets, etc. If someone happened to get two children from the same household, they'd still have to send two seperate boxes with seperate postage, so each kid receives their own mail. I'd do my best to assign people to send to someone's kid who was about the same age and maybe the same gender, so it's easier to have an idea of what the "cool" things are for that age. It's just an idea, since most kids seem to enjoy getting the mail, but many probably don't actually GET mail, lol.

Last edited:
Is anyone interested in a kid's swap? It'd be like one of the monthly swaps, so not a chain. I was thinking that you'd sign up one time for each kid, send me the child(ren)'s name, age, gender and any allergies. Then each child would get a small box in the mail full of goodies. Goodies would not be assigned a category, so it could be anything from edible treats, trinkets, etc. If someone happened to get two children from the same household, they'd still have to send two seperate boxes with seperate postage, so each kid receives their own mail. I'd do my best to assign people to send to someone's kid who was about the same age and maybe the same gender, so it's easier to have an idea of what the "cool" things are for that age. It's just an idea, since most kids seem to enjoy getting the mail, but many probably don't actually GET mail, lol.

My kids would think that was really cool!! I'd be willing...

that's a neat idea! my boys would love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom