WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on what child I get, I will be buying from the fleamarket. Everything iS new that I will buy. Like I said before they have brand-new hair bows and head bands and rings for a 1$. I'm not good at boy things so it would take me time to get that.

Last edited:
Depending on what child I get, I will be buying from the fleamarket. Everything iS new that I will buy. Like I said before they have brand-new hair bows and head bands and rings for a 1$. I'm not good at boy things so it would take me time to get that.
You can always check with me if you need to. I have boys & girls both ranging all the way to 18 years old.

Yup, I'm a Dollar Tree junkie. I learned long ago that it doesn't matter if it cost $1 or $100, the box it came in is more exciting and those $100 toys get destroyed just as fast as the $1 toys! Walmart has some cool stuff for $0.97 and some "dollar bins" that have toys for $1, $3 and $5. I think sending an assortment of $1 or $2 toys is better than one $5 toy though, because you're more likely to hit on something that the kid finds fascinating.
As for shipping, I don't mind how you ship (first class or priority, box or bubble envelope), but please keep in mind that you might ship a large box and your child might receive a bubble envelope or the other way around. It isn't the size of the package, it's the $5 content and personal picture/letter that I want to keep even. This isn't xmas where you have to spend a fortune to impress anyone, it's solely about bringing the kids a little excitement and NOT costing a fortune, lol.

Lulu, yes, you can sign up grandchildren, nephews/nieces and even neighbor kids, but you must get the child involved by having them send a letter or picture. Just be aware that the adult signing the children up is responsible for buying the items and shipping to the other child(ren).

Flea markets are another great idea! They might work better for older kids even... I know I see a lot of "junk" there for $1... like fuzzy socks... what girl doesn't like fuzzy socks? Lol. They have all kinds of goodies like that at flea markets. Great idea!

oh good, I was wondering if using the sharpie was ok. I started because these birds are covering me up! I think all my colorful dots give the eggs a special flare! I already put breed and date of lay on them in pencil.

silkie another beautiful packaging job! not a single egg broken! box in perfect shape..these eggs are so cute! thanks girly!!!

Quick question about the kids swap, does it need to be new? if you have a book they would enjoy or a stuffed animal that is in really good shape, can you use that?

No, I use sharpie on every egg and they hatch just fine!
I use a sharpie for writing dates and breeds on eggs I put in the incubator. I actually stopped using a sharpie when collecting eggs(lay date and breed), because I sell eatting eggs, and I had some people not buy eggs because they were "old" (a week). I use a pencil now, so it washes off when I clean them.
I guess I could rewrite it in sharpie as Im wrapping them up though

I haven't been marking mine because when I set them, I mark the day of the month on each set egg, so when I am scrambling for bator space, I can mix different settings in different trays and not confuse myself, lol.

oh good, I was wondering if using the sharpie was ok. I started because these birds are covering me up! I think all my colorful dots give the eggs a special flare! I already put breed and date of lay on them in pencil.

silkie another beautiful packaging job! not a single egg broken! box in perfect shape..these eggs are so cute! thanks girly!!!
Yep, sharpies work. And you're welcome. I have a bator almost empty now, so you can start shipping whenever you're ready.

I had 12/15 ancona ducks hatch Sun & Mon that made it to lockdown out of the 17 originally shipped. It was a great hatch!!! Beautiful assortment of colors on the babies. Thanks sarasweatman!!!

The last of the pekins from minihorse & BigPoppy's Bunny Buddy OE & BCM should all be hatched in the next 2 days. He has 2 OE (a black & a blue) hatched so far. And the pekins are due tomorrow. Then that bator will be empty & ready to scrub & reset with a new batch of eggs. My "little baby" brooder is swarming with duckies & the last of the hatch from last week of chicks. There's even a quail & a poult in the mix...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom