WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dilemma I put my new eggs in and some don't have any identifying mark on them I have three different hatch dates and eggs all over my incubator mixed up
he.gif

I have a dilemma I put my new eggs in and some don't have any identifying mark on them I have three different hatch dates and eggs all over my incubator mixed up
he.gif
Oh man!

I write a number on all the eggs I put in the incubator Then I used google calendar to make a "chicken calendar" When I set the eggs I make an "event" that says Set eggs #1-12. Then I make corresponding events for 7 days, 14 days, lockdown and hatch. Helps me remember when to candle which eggs. I also use it to track the ages of the various chicks I have. It's pretty nifty.

Oh man!

I write a number on all the eggs I put in the incubator Then I used google calendar to make a "chicken calendar" When I set the eggs I make an "event" that says Set eggs #1-12. Then I make corresponding events for 7 days, 14 days, lockdown and hatch. Helps me remember when to candle which eggs. I also use it to track the ages of the various chicks I have. It's pretty nifty.
Well I wish I had this information earlier, oh well live and learn.

I put the set date in pencil on the eggs and if it isn't already there, I add a breed initials and who I may have gotten them from. I then add it to my phone calendar on the dates they were set and when they are due. I also have it written down in a notebook because my phone calendar has deleted itself on occasion. I didn't start out doing that, but learned that my mind is really a sieve and too many things don't stick anymore.

Hope you are able to figure them out kimmie

I put the set date in pencil on the eggs and if it isn't already there, I add a breed initials and who I may have gotten them from. I then add it to my phone calendar on the dates they were set and when they are due. I also have it written down in a notebook because my phone calendar has deleted itself on occasion. I didn't start out doing that, but learned that my mind is really a sieve and too many things don't stick anymore.

Hope you are able to figure them out kimmie
Well when I started this adventure I thought I would remember
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom