WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: I like the idea of having some way to trace back a batch of eggs, there's many times I've hatched out a chick and wish I could remember where I got it from because the chick looked so awesome!! and I wanted to be sure to stalk that person. When I have 3 to 5 different types of eggs with different breeders having the breeders mark would be great and the date laid an extra bonus. At least if would give you an idea why the chick didn't hatch out if there's an incubator issue...etc I'm going to see if i can get a stamp made it would be awesome to be able to trace my eggs and see which hatched from a breeders point of view. BTW: I love getting pictures of chicks you've hatched from my eggs.

I think pictures of the persons flocks that they are offering eggs from should be posted. While you can steal other peoples photos, it does eventually get caught. When you are interested in a breed most people do some research and are very likely to find the copies. Look how many times sellers on ebay have been caught with copied photos.
When someone offers eggs without photos, I question why. Just like you enjoy taking photos of your children and grandchildren wouldn't you want photos of your comical or stunning chickens. I could see someone not having photos of every single bird they have, I cannot come up with a reason why someone would not have at least some photos of something they have.
That being said (phew) I have some beautiful purple eggs that are being laid by my hens. The hens have pink feathers with turquoise highlights and metallic gold legs. I don't have any pictures right now. (sorry I have a bad sense of humor)

Last edited:
:oops:s
I don't have any of mine posted (or not many anyways) because I'm simply lazy. I'm really not a big camera person at all. In fact, I SHOULD take more pictures of my kids and animals. *Sigh* I do have pictures of the MF D'Uccles, but I had to send them to G while he was at work so he knew I bought MORE chickens... I had to send the pic because I figured if I just said I bought chickens, he'd be grumpy, but SEEING the pretty things might make him not quite so grumpy, lol.

That being said (phew) I have some beautiful purple eggs that are being laid by my hens. The hens have pink feathers with turquoise highlights and metallic gold legs. I don't have any pictures right now. (sorry I have a bad sense of humor)
lol

I have pictures of some of my chickens. I don't of others. Mostly it is b/c my youngest runs the batteries out of the camera as soon as you put them in it. She does videos of her LPS's for her "Video Diary"... It is just like a soap opera, but with plastic bobble head animals... Then there is the fact that I take pictures of my feet instead of the birds...
roll.png
(not on purpose)

I have a dilemma I put my new eggs in and some don't have any identifying mark on them I have three different hatch dates and eggs all over my incubator mixed up
he.gif
I always write the date it goes in the incubator on the top of the egg. I have also started to write the type of egg it is and hatch similar birds in DIFFERENT hatches since I got silver leghorn eggs at the Stockton show, and hatched them with my first full batch of cream legbars. If you want to know where the female coloring in the legbars comes from....... Plus! I had them at a friends house so I did not see them come out. It was INSANE. They were 6 weeks before i know for sure who was what.

As of 2013, when I get a swap I put all the info in google calendar. I also have a spreadsheet of all the swaps.I put in the breed, swapper, date , no of eggs, and how many hatch. I'm thinking of adding the PO hubs they go through too ( anyone know a site that would track that??)

Google calendar gets the set date and the lockdown date. It sends me a message in the morning on what eggs need to be moved, and a not the night before if I need a different hatcher for the chicks. I'm trying to get DH to write a program for google calendar that will do 7/18 21 day events automatically off keyword ( guineas, chickens, quail, etc ) so I put in CHICKEN..whatever, and I have the candling, lockdown, hatch date automatically. But hes been crazy at work so I'm on the back burner.

My pictures always turn out crappy! My girls do not stay still and they are blurry. All I have is my phone. But I posted them so people know what I have anyway...

Last edited:
Quote: Haha...You've just got to love the imagination of kids and some adults (deb
wink.png
)

Like many people, I have pictures of some of my birds but not all. Some of the pictures are from when my birds were younger and not mature yet. I don't enjoy taking pictures of my birds in the winter because I usually can't get them out of the coop because of snow and the coops are messes of frozen poo and stuff that I do not want pictures of in the background and it is too cold to take pictures without gloves on. Now that things are melting a little, the chickens are not looking their best because of mud and muck that they bring in from the run and get all over each other when they are being too friendly (as par for the season). Not a great representation of them. We still have feet of snow on the ground so its not getting better here anytime soon.

If I ever offer eggs from my mixed egg flock, I probably will not have pictures of them. The rest I will try to get done soon.

I have a dilemma I put my new eggs in and some don't have any identifying mark on them I have three different hatch dates and eggs all over my incubator mixed up
he.gif
Post a pic & see if your people who sent you eggs can identify which are theirs (hopefully they are at least a bit different) & then mark them as they are identified.

I will silkie. But I'm not sure they will buy any or not.
No problem. Just didn't want them stealing your duckies when they can have their own.
wink.png

I think pictures of the persons flocks that they are offering eggs from should be posted. While you can steal other peoples photos, it does eventually get caught. When you are interested in a breed most people do some research and are very likely to find the copies. Look how many times sellers on ebay have been caught with copied photos.
When someone offers eggs without photos, I question why. Just like you enjoy taking photos of your children and grandchildren wouldn't you want photos of your comical or stunning chickens. I could see someone not having photos of every single bird they have, I cannot come up with a reason why someone would not have at least some photos of something they have.
My friend DOES have hens who lay purple eggs, at least at the beginning of the cycle. They lighten up to a dull pink after a while.
hmm.png

I have pictures of some of my chickens. I don't of others. Mostly it is b/c my youngest runs the batteries out of the camera as soon as you put them in it. She does videos of her LPS's for her "Video Diary"... It is just like a soap opera, but with plastic bobble head animals... Then there is the fact that I take pictures of my feet instead of the birds...
roll.png
(not on purpose)
Sounds like my house.

Haha...You've just got to love the imagination of kids and some adults (deb
wink.png
)

Like many people, I have pictures of some of my birds but not all. Some of the pictures are from when my birds were younger and not mature yet. I don't enjoy taking pictures of my birds in the winter because I usually can't get them out of the coop because of snow and the coops are messes of frozen poo and stuff that I do not want pictures of in the background and it is too cold to take pictures without gloves on. Now that things are melting a little, the chickens are not looking their best because of mud and muck that they bring in from the run and get all over each other when they are being too friendly (as par for the season). Not a great representation of them. We still have feet of snow on the ground so its not getting better here anytime soon.

If I ever offer eggs from my mixed egg flock, I probably will not have pictures of them. The rest I will try to get done soon.
I have pix of all of my roos covering my layers & breeders, but not of all of my hens because there are just too many of them. I take pix of what hatches from my flocks to show as examples, but that still doesn't show you the parent flock.

Post a pic & see if your people who sent you eggs can identify which are theirs (hopefully they are at least a bit different) & then mark them as they are identified.
They were my eggs. I marked them all with SS. I said that above, but somehow I get overlooked alot when I type things...lol

I don't have pictures of all my birds either. Unless you have 10 chickens probably no one does. I think photos of some of the coop the eggs are coming from helps. I move hens around so the members of the coop changes. I think some pictures of your birds at least give others a representation of what is being offered or sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom