WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just candled the Orp assortment eggs I got from corancher. I have 6/9 eggs going strong. Of the six doing well, two are chocolate bantams, one gold laced, two lemon cuckoos, and one black orp. Fingers crossed that they all will make it to lock down and hatch. Thanks corancher.

OMGoodness, I am so glad I sent you a bunch. I hope you have an awesome hatch!!!!!!
Ugh sorry TMN...i hate culling babies;( i seem to do it with every hatch though...slipped tendons...funking feet...i try and fix all of them but if after 72 hrs they arent healed...heaven is their fate
sad.png
Its hard when I hate sex links....Roos do not grow out to sell or get eatten my place unless its planned....

On a great note i have paulettas GNH and RIR in my bator cooking away...1/2 made it past day 7

And 21 beautiful blue wheaton ameracauna eggs! Waiting on CCLs to arrive and tons more...traveling 3 hours to meet up with chickenstalker and 1 mommahen hen today to swap 25 cases of canning jars...and a bator im borrowing to cook more eggs!! Lol

Does anybody have any guinea eggs that they would want to do a trade with. I have eggs and soap, Lotion and laundry detergent.
I would like to get at least 12 or more. I will accept trades from more than one person.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oh my.... I gave 11 of my eggs to a lady I know through 4H so her daughter could hatch them in her classroom. She brought me back 7 one week old chicks yesterday... My friend that I was hatchign eggs to build her a flock has 13 chicks now and feels that is a large enough flock for her now. My BIL was going to get chicks from me this spring, but his outbuildings all burnt down in a sauna fire this winter, so he has no coop. He and his GF are also having issues, so he doesn't want to take on another project right now...
hit.gif

I finally counted my hens (pullets) vs roosters (cockerels).... I currently have at least 34 hens/pullets. That is not including the chicks that are just too young to tell yet. I wanted 24 hens... Oh dear... What to do??
hu.gif

I have turkeys in the bator, hopefully some duck eggs coming soon... CPL still owes me eggs for winning the short story contest during the NYD hatch...
th.gif

I have 2 cockerels in the back of my horse trailer awaiting their fate. I was going to process them, but my other BIL, who does a lot of work for me around the farm, told his friend about them, and his friend wants them. Here was the phone conversation between me and my BIL (eith is friend in the car with him)...

BIL: Do you want to sell those roosters?
Me: Who wants them?
BIL: Ted. How much do you want for them?
Me: I don't know... $5? I just want them gone.
BIL: So $10?
Me: Yup.
BIL: A peice?
Me: No...
BIL: So $20? He says ok...
Me:
hu.gif

Oh my.... I gave 11 of my eggs to a lady I know through 4H so her daughter could hatch them in her classroom. She brought me back 7 one week old chicks yesterday... My friend that I was hatchign eggs to build her a flock has 13 chicks now and feels that is a large enough flock for her now. My BIL was going to get chicks from me this spring, but his outbuildings all burnt down in a sauna fire this winter, so he has no coop. He and his GF are also having issues, so he doesn't want to take on another project right now...
hit.gif

I finally counted my hens (pullets) vs roosters (cockerels).... I currently have at least 34 hens/pullets. That is not including the chicks that are just too young to tell yet. I wanted 24 hens... Oh dear... What to do??
hu.gif

I have turkeys in the bator, hopefully some duck eggs coming soon... CPL still owes me eggs for winning the short story contest during the NYD hatch...
th.gif

I have 2 cockerels in the back of my horse trailer awaiting their fate. I was going to process them, but my other BIL, who does a lot of work for me around the farm, told his friend about them, and his friend wants them. Here was the phone conversation between me and my BIL (eith is friend in the car with him)...

BIL: Do you want to sell those roosters?
Me: Who wants them?
BIL: Ted. How much do you want for them?
Me: I don't know... $5? I just want them gone.
BIL: So $10?
Me: Yup.
BIL: A peice?
Me: No...
BIL: So $20? He says ok...
Me:
hu.gif
lol...your BIL was helping you get more for them, apparently the other guy was there....you should give him a great big hug!

Some chick pics from coronation sussex eggs received from MrsMoonCat.

The buff colored chicks are the coronation sussex chicks. The four lav ams are from local eggs. The CS chick on the right hatched first and is already at the top of the pecking order. I have a feeling it is a he!

Another pic with all three CS chicks. They are all healthy. Two of them were camera shy. I gave them to a co-worker. She loves them.

I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the comfrey starts at Daloorashens sent to me in a side swap. I'd recommend her starts to anyone! They arrived April 4. Here they are less than a month later....

I planted them in the chicken yard but placed some ladder roosts that aren't being used near them to keep the chickens from scratching them up. There are two more at the other end of the yard and they look just as nice! Also have some dianthus from her that is doing great but didn't get a pic.
Here is an Icelandic hen with her Ameraucana chicks snooping around near them. You can see that the daylily at the end of the roost is in a wire cage to protect it. The comfrey is on the far right....so far they haven't bothered it.

I need to take some pics of the daylilies, Mary. They are still in pots since the new chicken pens came before my flower beds... But the bertie ferris and tolley double (did I get it right) have been blooming. So pretty!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom