WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did two swaps for MF Leghorn eggs a while back. One was Bnewns, but I cannot remember who the other was. Can someone help me? These are the prettiest Leghorns, but they lay NOTHING like a Leghorn. I go weeks without a single egg and then they might give me three a week and take a break again.
barnie.gif

I did two swaps for MF Leghorn eggs a while back. One was Bnewns, but I cannot remember who the other was. Can someone help me? These are the prettiest Leghorns, but they lay NOTHING like a Leghorn. I go weeks without a single egg and then they might give me three a week and take a break again.
barnie.gif
I'm thinking it was Sewchaos? Not positive though.

Yup. It was me, and they are hatching as we speak!
Oh good! I forgot I had even sent them and was going to apologize for not doing so. These birds are beautiful, but I am beginning to think seriously about selling them. I have a trio from Cheryl Cohen that are about a year old, and I have gotten only about 20 eggs each from them. I can't justify keeping them and feeding them, if that is all they are going to produce. I also have a younger trio (5 months) from PapaBrooder.

Oh good! I forgot I had even sent them and was going to apologize for not doing so. These birds are beautiful, but I am beginning to think seriously about selling them. I have a trio from Cheryl Cohen that are about a year old, and I have gotten only about 20 eggs each from them. I can't justify keeping them and feeding them, if that is all they are going to produce. I also have a younger trio (5 months) from PapaBrooder.
I think pappa got his birds from cheryl., iirc.

You have scared me off them! I got some eggs from cheryl and hatched a pair, but I think i'm going to try and find them homes, they are not so friendly as the jubilees and Ill never be able to do anything with just one egg!

My cream legbars lay sporadically like that. I cant get 6 eggs in 4 days to save my life!
AND, does anyone have bnews address?
S

I've got 4 little chicks from the 6 eggs you sent, so I'm happy. Not so happy to hear that they're not great layers. I thought all leghorns layed great, but I guess not. I'll grow them out and see what happens, I wanted them to add to my pool of hens in my rainbow layers, but if they don't lay well, then they won't stay long! Maybe the younger trio will lay better?

I think pappa got his birds from cheryl., iirc.

You have scared me off them! I got some eggs from cheryl and hatched a pair, but I think i'm going to try and find them homes, they are not so friendly as the jubilees and Ill never be able to do anything with just one egg!

My cream legbars lay sporadically like that. I cant get 6 eggs in 4 days to save my life!
AND, does anyone have bnews address?
S
If you guys want leghorn look alikes or lots of pretty blue eggs, I highly recommend the Arkansas Blues. Mine (except when the weather was cold) are laying like troopers. I'm getting about 18 or 19 eggs a week from 3 hens that just turned a year old.

If you guys want leghorn look alikes or lots of pretty blue eggs, I highly recommend the Arkansas Blues. Mine (except when the weather was cold) are laying like troopers. I'm getting about 18 or 19 eggs a week from 3 hens that just turned a year old.
Whoo! I just hatched one of yours out... Hope it's a girl, only two made it to lockdown, the other 4 didn't start :( I have two Salmon Favs out though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom