WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh bnewns, sounds like you've had quite a time, hugs to you!!

I've been thinking about those arkansas blues for a while now, but at this point it will have to wait till fall, I want to wind down my hatching, as well...

Does anyone have reese's address??  I have some raspberry starts to send her, they're soaking in a bucket, just need to wrap and box them up, but I need an address first, lol...

I do. Ill pm you.

Really wow thats way overdue. Ok I will candle.

Kimmie

I candle and carefully crack everyone that didn't hatch. I didn't used to until I tossed one in the compost pile on day 25 and heard chirping. He was completely shrink wrapped. Took me forever to get the membrane off of him but he did live and was one of my favs!

Quote: No blood unless it's still alive. Only stinky if rotten. Sometimes a bit gross depending on the stage of development. Check Sally Sunshine's siggy on assisted hatch tips if you go to open them. If you crack them open & the membrane is still nice & white you likely still have a live chick & may need to assist. Watch for the membrane to move then follow Sally's links to help it hatch. If the membrane is yellow or brown the baby is dead.

How do you send raspberry starts?

Pretty easy.. I dug up the ones that are just coming up, got as much of the root as possible, put them in a bucket to soak overnight, wrapped them in damp newspaper which I then wrapped in plastic bags, then packed them in the box and sent them on their merry little way. Stuff that is dormant I send bare-root with pine shavings...
I candle and carefully crack everyone that didn't hatch. I didn't used to until I tossed one in the compost pile on day 25 and heard chirping. He was completely shrink wrapped. Took me forever to get the membrane off of him but he did live and was one of my favs!
Wow, day 25?? I have found some at day 23/24 before, the first time helping a chick was kind of traumatic for me, but with patience and persistence was able to help it... that first one did end up dying. have helped several since them and only a few have died, most of them have been just fine, so I guess it's up to you if you want to help or not...

Does anyone have some white sizzle hatching eggs or a pullet for sale. I just lost my "Snowball" and her mate is on the way (I do have a blue I can breed him to - but I really want whites). Don't want to risk shipping a live bird so I think the egg route might be the best way. I still can't believe I lost her.... SHe was my buddy and a "House Chicken"

Does anyone have some white sizzle hatching eggs or a pullet for sale. I just lost my "Snowball" and her mate is on the way (I do have a blue I can breed him to - but I really want whites). Don't want to risk shipping a live bird so I think the egg route might be the best way. I still can't believe I lost her.... SHe was my buddy and a "House Chicken"

Well, I'm back home. Not only am I sick, both my parents who are in their 80's have had problems since I've been gone and I'm trying to get them to see the doctors. My dad has some kinda of leg infection and I think my mom had a mini stroke. I've been going over every night to help them with my brother's three kids that they babysit till 8 o'clock each night. I have the littlest one reading books to grandpa for .25 a book and least it keeps him out of trouble till I get there. I also had a sick chikcken that I ended up losing having her necopsied at UC Davis to find out what went wrong. Just finished unpacking 10 minutes ago and will start working on shipping out everything I owe.

Oh, to top it off, my MIL wants to move back in with me. No way I can do it and keep my chickens too.... so guess who won? I was misstreated so bad on my "Vacation" that I don't feel bad about saying no.

Will keep everyone posted on my progress. Egg Cosies just need to be joined at the edges and they are all done.
hugs.gif
I am sorry to hear about your "Snowball" as well as your parents. I hope they are feeling better and recovering soon.

BTW: good for you for saying "no."

So sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
I wish I had some white sizzles to send you some hatching eggs. Prayers sent your way for all the troubles in your life right now. I've been thinking about you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom