WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corancher and Amyable...Im calling myself out and posting I'm a total slacker for not shipping your blackberry starts! I've had alot happen in the last few days that has completely taken up all my time...BUT I did dig them up last night at dusk when I got home. They are getting a cool drink of power liquids in my house staying cool!! I will ship them before the week ends!! I PROMISE...

I dont have a dipute with any one person to handle privatley what i am saying is it seems to go against the main rules adding a 3 month stippulation.. So if who i should contact is a moderator how would i go about doing that?

I dont have a dipute with any one person to handle privatley what i am saying is it seems to go against the main rules adding a 3 month stippulation.. So if who i should contact is a moderator how would i go about doing that?

The three month rule is set for a reason, as we've unfortunately had many bad dealings with thieves and con artists in swaps over the past year or so. The rules are the way they are to try to protect people who play fairly. Everybody wants to get their items. Thanks!

^^I get what you are saying. It does appear to go against the regulations set by the Swap Rules, *except* that it states:

The owner of the swap may at his or her own discretion bar a swapper for cause.

...Which leads me to conclude that the owner of the swap is putting the kibosh on all swappers with less than three months here, and the "cause" is that they have not shown that they are committed enough to the community to be more likely to honor swap parameters. Does that make more sense?

^^I get what you are saying. It does appear to go against the regulations set by the Swap Rules, *except* that it states:

The owner of the swap may at his or her own discretion bar a swapper for cause.

...Which leads me to conclude that the owner of the swap is putting the kibosh on all swappers with less than three months here, and the "cause" is that they have not shown that they are committed enough to the community to be more likely to honor swap parameters. Does that make more sense?
yes, that does make more sense...but the "main" rules are set by the site owners (backyard chickens) the rules for the individual swaps are set by the swap starter (owner) and their moderators...does that make sense? And, yes, it would be nice to know that you have a commitment to the community, before being allowed to swap. Many people have been burned, and therefore the three month rule. Some even require a set amount of posts...not just random hi's, but actual posts.

The swap rules were already gone through by BYC moderation. Thanks for your concern, but they don't have an issue with the extended wait period to participate in this swap. Please wait for the time to be up like everyone else has.

Every one I owe swaps please excuse me but I have been going out of my mind! I had my sister come from AZ for a visit and we went everywhere but I will get to it tomorrow though and I need to get sewing so I can put some nice things up to swap.

Got a box full of eggs today
celebrate.gif
16 eggs - thanks rbaker0345.
bow.gif

Anyone have tips on hatching muscovie eggs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom