WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one swap from April that I am waiting for. Since the items are handmade, and the member has had some heallth/family challenges, I am exercising patience. I am sure that when I receive the items, they will be worth the wait. :) I just hope the member will have her health back soon.

Yes!!! Thats who it was...I think were waiting on the same person and she was ill:( Ok now I remember the circumstances..thank you...

Hi everyone... It's been forever since I've been on here. Life got really busy this summer!! I finally turned my incubator off for the first time about 3 weeks ago. It had been running since November!!

We've had a run of bad stuff happening here at TMNfarm... My Primmy died. She had a tumor taking over her head... I miss her.

Most recently, the ducks we hatched from eggs we got from The mystery swap all died! There were three of them (one for each kid) and they all just died within 24 hours! They were about 1 month old. We had been at the county fair for 5 days and my BIL had been taking care of the farm. We got home on Sunday night and all was well. The kids went and spent some time with their ducks. Monday morning when I did chores, they were all fine. Monday night when I came home, one was dead in the pen, the next morning, another one was dead. When I got home from work last night, the last one was breathing hard, not moving much and had blood coming from one of its eyes. He didn't last much longer...

Does anyone have any ideas what could have happened? They were confined to a pen, so there is no possibility of any sort of toxin... My youngest was devastated... He made me promise I would look into it to figure out why they died so if we get ducks again, we can prevent it from happening again...

Last edited:
Hi everyone... It's been forever since I've been on here. Life got really busy this summer!! I finally turned my incubator off for the first time about 3 weeks ago. It had been running since November!!

We've had a run of bad stuff happening here at TMNfarm... My Primmy died. She had a tumor taking over her head... I miss her.

Most recently, the ducks we hatched from eggs we got from The mystery swap all died! There were three of them (one for each kid) and they all just died within 24 hours! They were about 1 month old. We had been at the county fair for 5 days and my BIL had been taking care of the farm. We got home on Sunday night and all was well. The kids went and spent some time with their ducks. Monday morning when I did chores, they were all fine. Monday night when I came home, one was dead in the pen, the next morning, another one was dead. When I got home from work last night, the last one was breathing hard, not moving much and had blood coming from one of its eyes. He didn't last much longer...

Does anyone have any ideas what could have happened? They were confined to a pen, so there is no possibility of any sort of toxin... My youngest was devastated... He made me promise I would look into it to figure out why they died so if we get ducks again, we can prevent it from happening again...
Oh no! So sorry about your Prim, she was a great momma! I wish I could help with the ducks but I know little about ducks other than they are awfully messy in the brooder. I hope you are able to figure it out
hugs.gif

Got my precious from corancher today.I have a lone huge black Orp (who is suppose to be split to lavender) rooster who needs some girls so these should give him a few.
ya.gif

Thank you
smile.png

Are you anywhere near your capitol? Here in TN our Ag Dept offers free necropsy service if you bring the dead animal in to them. Of course you have to get it to Nashville but since I live close enough I have done that several times for my sheep. Did you freeze the bodies? If you find a place that can do a necropsy for you, you can freeze the bodies until you can take them there. This will preserve the state of things so that a cause can be determined.

Last edited:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Kind of why I have not been on here a while. I am out 3 very expensive swaps. Almost 300.00 bucks from my side. Between items, eggs and postage cost. Sorry but I am just sick about it.
Are people still waiting for their swaps from a long time ago from others???

Im still waiting for a few of mine
sad.png

I still owe people salmon, but I haven't skipped town. Don't worry :p I owe someone a box of "goodies" that Im shipping out this weekend, and I owe someone a little more jam and then I have someone who wanted berries - that should take place this week as the berried are now coming in good.
I'm *thinking* that's what I owe, and if not I'll know it as soon as I look down my list again.
It make take me a bit to fill ALL the swaps I owe because I get busy a lot (out of the blue I am suddenly a licensed guide for sport fishing....LOL) BUT I promise, Im not going anywhere. Im always reminding myself of the swaps I owe and I INSIST upon staying in good standing here because I love these swaps!

I'm sure no one was probably talking about me but hey. Just checking in again. :p

On a happier note, PRIORITY MAIL IS GOING TO START HAVING INSURANCE INCLUDED!! Yay!!! All those broken eggs of mine will no longer be swept under the rug by USPS! :)))

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!   Kind of why I have not been on here a while. I am out 3 very expensive swaps. Almost 300.00 bucks from my side. Between items, eggs and postage cost.  Sorry but I am just sick about it.
Are people still waiting for their swaps from a long time ago from others???

Im still waiting for a few of mine :(

Me too! Very expensive swaps I can't replace and I sent my side already! Grrrr. X3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom