WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't the slightest idea, I was wondering the same!

JMC, it really depends. Roughly $10-$12 worth of "stuff". Wool depends too. Raw or processed changes the value, if it has a lot of VM or not, umm, breed, etc.
Fair value is truly a rough estimate. Purebred egga range from 3-8 dollars per egg. So with an average 6 egg offer a person would have to really like the trade... Like those chicken hot pads!!!! Hold me back lol

I like trading cause it's what's fair to you...

Yep. This is more geared towards "stuff", but eggs are obviously more than welcomed. It's a nice way to get cool things, move eggs along and get new birds. :)

Something important to everybody: I do think though that with spring coming in, holiday craziness gone, etc, that we should put some kind of a limit on the time... Something like, if nobody claims within so many days, you must change/add to your offer. Any thoughts on that? I'm thinking three days should be enough for people to see the offer and if it's wanted, someone should claim by then.

Oh, didn't know this was here! Yay!
Am new, but sounds like a good idea to me. :) I was gonna try adding to mine after 12hrs cuz I didn't want it to stall on my first time...

Question... Offering pullet eggs is ok as long as they are specified as such? Seems like only my just starters are the ones laying currently, lol.

I think I have the current offer on the swap thread. I do not have pictures right now of all the aprons but can get some after school ( I'm a school teacher) I have half and full size.

The hot pads can be made in different colors to match your kitchen they are two chickens together so double thickness.

Last edited:
Yep. This is more geared towards "stuff", but eggs are obviously more than welcomed. It's a nice way to get cool things, move eggs along and get new birds. :)

Something important to everybody:  I do think though that with spring coming in, holiday craziness gone, etc, that we should put some kind of a limit on the time... Something like, if nobody claims within so many days, you must change/add to your offer. Any thoughts on that? I'm thinking three days should be enough for people to see the offer and if it's wanted, someone should claim by then.

Sounds right. Maybe add something else after every twelve hours or so... It will keep us looking deep into our closets lol.

I think I have the current offer on the swap thread. I do not have pictures right now of all the aprons but can get some after school ( I'm a school teacher) I have half and full size.

The hot pads can be made in different colors to match your kitchen they are two chickens together so double thickness.
Any chance you might be able to do those as dice rather then chickens? I have gaming groups that meet at my house, but no chicen groups!

I don't know that it was ever a switch out at 24 hours. I think we had something implemented but it was kind of lost in the shuffle and wasn't being enforced. In all reality, I need to get off my butt and make a page with the rules that I can update and have one of the mods edit the link into the first page. This week, the swap has been bustling and I think it could honestly stay busy for the most part if we change out/add to a stale offer and I actually enforce it, lol. Some of it was definitely slow because of holidays, I think, but I'd rather this be active again like it was before.

Do we want a 24 hour switch/addition rule or 3 days or how long do you guys thing is reasonable?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom