WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a yarn I finished up a few days ago. This is wool from one of my Shetland ewes and Angora from my favorite English Angora bunny. I just started this whole spinning and knitting adventure last July, so I'm still working on it, but I can see improvements with each new yarn. And, this wasn't too bad for my first dye job either. :) So, what is everybody else up to?
Color me very impressed! It's beautiful!

Gwendolyn, the supplier for the Angora portion

Jair. This is actually my ram. Keturah provided the Shetland wool portion, but I have no pictures of her yet, so Jair's standing in as model. :D

Keturah's Shetland wool on the left (raw, it's white, but I hadn't washed the lanolin out of it yet). On the right is Gwen's Angora fiber.

Measuring the citric acid. Apparently, I really didn't have to be that precise with the citric acid, but now I know.

Measuring the pink dye out. I did have to be fairly precise with the dye measurements anyways.

Yellow dye pot. I won't share the other colors, same thing, but I don't want to waste too much bandwidth for those with slow connections.

The three colors out of the dye baths, drying.

This was the Angora fiber being spun. When I start to get a little chunky with the thread, I have to stop and take a break, lol. You can see the wool on the bobbin in the background (top of the photo).

I made them the same as the creme of the cordial cherries except instead of the maraschino cherry juice and amaretto I added raspberry jelly and extra sugar. I have the raspberry jelly left over from rainbow cookies I make at Christmas time.
1/2 stick of butter softened
2 TBL raspberry jelly
3+ cups powdered sugar
I mixed the butter and jelly together in my stand mixer then added the powdered sugar until it wasn't sticky. I placed it on some parchment paper and kneaded it a minute until it was smooth. I made small little balls that would fit into my molds and chilled them.
I coated a mold with melted chocolate, chilled, added the raspberry, topped with more chocolate and chilled again.
So far every one wanted more.

I put the little ball of creme
I was playing around. I don't see why it can't wrap around a raspberry just like a cherry.
The original cherry recipe calls for 1 TBL corn syrup. I figured the jelly took the place of that.
Easy recipe I think it could be adapted for lots of stuff, How about rum cremes? Vanilla Cremes, maybe maple syrup cremes.

I put the little ball of creme
I was playing around. I don't see why it can't wrap around a raspberry just like a cherry.
The original cherry recipe calls for 1 TBL corn syrup. I figured the jelly took the place of that.
Easy recipe I think it could be adapted for lots of stuff, How about rum cremes? Vanilla Cremes, maybe maple syrup cremes.
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom