WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a batch of shipped eggs that the seller dips in oxine and she swears by it. I just got them in the mail today so I will put in the incubator tomorrow. I will report on how they do. BTY they were shipped from Texas last Wednesday. They sat in Houston from Wednesday to Saturday according to the tracking.
Mine were sent last Wednesday from North Carolina. The tracking info didn't show anywhere else other than the origination and destination cities.

Yes, please let us know how your batch of eggs do. There are so many factors that affect the development of eggs so I don't know if we can conclude one way or the other. If they do well, we can say dipping in Oxine didn't hurt, but I don't know if we can say that it helped as you don't have eggs in the same batch that weren't dipped.

Who knew incubating eggs is both an art and a science!

I also got eggs today that were shipped out last Tuesday lol. No tracking info for several days. I'm setting them tomorrow and hoping for the best.
1f60a.png

I would like to give this a try. I'm not sure what I could offer. But I might have something that I don't realize someone wants. I love bartering.

Seriously I had the most drama related problems with the last two swap eggs shipments!!

One set of eggs were ready to send when offered but was asked to hold back for a week or two then I had to hold back because they decided not to lay!! Swapped again with another person and had to wait for the swapper to be cleared to ship delaying eggs I had shipped again. fast forward..finally collected enough eggs to ship..good right?? I bring all the eggs to work to wrap. Go to the back of my car to get the bubble wrap..NO BUBBLE WRAP!! What??? Freaked out ...looked all over at work and no one had any..called hubbie and asked if by some slim chance had he seen it? You know a HUGE roll like 20 ft long?? WHY YES HUNNY..I TOOK it to wrap a guideboat paddle I sold on Ebay!! What??!! You used the whole roll?? No the rest is in my shop..mind you Im 25 miles away from the shop;( go to 2 dollar type stores, kinneys and a rite aid NOTHING!! Last resort...hardware store..found some 8$ for 10 ft really??? Dang it fine I need it...now Im just mad..I get back to work and finally finished wrapping;) missing an address..ahhhh had to wait to ship until I got one from swapper...get to the PO and and start boxing eggs...dont ask me how but I bobbled two bubble wrapped CCL eggs and in slow motion watched them fly up and then down and land with a POP POP... :( Im about in tears by now.. I pick up the broken eggs that were supposed to be shipped and just sent what I had that I didnt drop... Wanna cry! Has anyone else had an ordeal like this that should be so simple?? So I had a shipment to California that is short 2 out of 12 eggs promised..Im sorry;( I will send some more next week or when the girls bless me with enough to ship to make up for my clutziness

Don't worry about it. I wasn't even expecting 12, I thought maybe 6, so Im already getting extras. Im sorry about all the craziness, and contributing to it. I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

Seriously I had the most drama related problems with the last two swap eggs shipments!!

One set of eggs were ready to send when offered but was asked to hold back for a week or two then I had to hold back because they decided not to lay!! Swapped again with another person and had to wait for the swapper to be cleared to ship delaying eggs I had shipped again. fast forward..finally collected enough eggs to ship..good right?? I bring all the eggs to work to wrap. Go to the back of my car to get the bubble wrap..NO BUBBLE WRAP!! What??? Freaked out ...looked all over at work and no one had any..called hubbie and asked if by some slim chance had he seen it? You know a HUGE roll like 20 ft long?? WHY YES HUNNY..I TOOK it to wrap a guideboat paddle I sold on Ebay!! What??!! You used the whole roll?? No the rest is in my shop..mind you Im 25 miles away from the shop;( go to 2 dollar type stores, kinneys and a rite aid NOTHING!! Last resort...hardware store..found some 8$ for 10 ft really??? Dang it fine I need it...now Im just mad..I get back to work and finally finished wrapping;) missing an address..ahhhh had to wait to ship until I got one from swapper...get to the PO and and start boxing eggs...dont ask me how but I bobbled two bubble wrapped CCL eggs and in slow motion watched them fly up and then down and land with a POP POP... :( Im about in tears by now.. I pick up the broken eggs that were supposed to be shipped and just sent what I had that I didnt drop... Wanna cry! Has anyone else had an ordeal like this that should be so simple?? So I had a shipment to California that is short 2 out of 12 eggs promised..Im sorry;( I will send some more next week or when the girls bless me with enough to ship to make up for my clutziness

Wow that sounds like my morning only it wasn't eggs. I have been abnormally forgetful and clumsy but I am blaming the weather lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom