WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like once I hit 50 , I started to fall apart. Now I am waiting for the Dr. 's office to call and give me an appointment so I can find out why my heart rate goes so low and why it seems so irregular. Heck, I hate waiting.

thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, my poor remaining piggie is so sad... I feel so bad. I had to go out tonight after work and change the oil in my car since a couple of months ago i decided to take it to the darn mechanic and they didnt tighten the filter enough..... my car has apparently been leaking oil, thank GOD I work at a parts store and get a discount.... not to mention we had an oil and filter sale... so i managed to squeeze that out... but I had to put peepers on all my pheasants, been putting it off for like 2 months.... the little ones are just getting big enough and they are viciously ripping each others feathers out.... bordem maybe... they all had to be peeped though so I could move them into the big pen with the older pheasants, but I had em so stressed i decided to put off tagging them for a couple more weeks, thanks for all the understanding on the delay, it means a lot, and I am sorry to hear about everyone elses stresses, it hasnt been easy lately, you know it is bad when even the E-85 stuff is up to 3.35 a gallon, ridiculous...
barnie.gif
hugs.gif
to all my BYC friends

Quote:
I wouldn't have the stress test till you get insurance if you can put it off. The insurance company just may not pay for anything if the test shows something wrong.

Lanatwo, Madcap621 and Hot2Pot. your eggs went out today. Hot2Pot goes out tomorrow. DC#'s are

Madcap621 03110240000095349906
Lanatwo 03110240000095349977
Hot2Pot I PM'd you yours.

Good luck and Happy Hatching.
emvickrey

Quote:
Yay!! Im loving this swap thread, 1 more christmas gift down, just a few more to go, lol Its a great way to be frugal and save some money!!! Nothing like a homemade gift.

I got my horses and jap eggs (1 broke
hit.gif
) from Caroline. Also duck eggs from Natalie and from Rebecca. So do duck eggs stand up like chicken eggs or lay on the side like peafowl or goose eggs do? What temp, same as chicken and peas? How many days LMAO! Can you tell I never incubated duck eggs before LOL
Frank

P.S. Missred871 I forgot about the coasters POOP! (INSERT 4 LETTER WORD) I will package them and get them out ASAP

Last edited:
Quote:
My first try at ducks was a flop. But I got advice from the person I got them from and had better luck. I ran my temps around 100 degrees and the humidity around 60 - 65%. I raised it to be around 70 - 75% the last couple days. If I remember right they incubate for 28 days.

But if one of the duck regulars chime in do what they say. I've only hatched ducks 4 times. Oh, and it's better if you put the duck eggs in a bator with other water fowl or by themselves. The humidity for ducks is too high for non water fowl. Been there done that too.

I use that rubber like shelf liner on the floor of their brooder for a few days till they get their footing. The other stuff I normally use they can't get a grip of and end up with spraddle leg. Been there done that too. Also, I don't have a turner that will hold duck eggs so I laid them on their side and turned them 3 and 4 times a day. I also misted them lightly when I opened the bator to turn them so they didn't loose the humidity. I got my better hatches when I did that.

I hope that helps and I hope a duck pro comes along to either verify or add info for you.

Good Luck
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I'll tell you whats wrong. It's all those lovely birdies your looking at that makes you "swoon". The irregular heart beats are because you love them so much it makes it skip a beat every now and again.

Doc Vickrey says
old.gif
your just in love. Chicken love
love.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif
D.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back