WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Mine are worse than before-broody-slacking not laying much at all!!!!
barnie.gif

I have a hen that went broody about the time I got some eggs in that I really really want to have a good hatch with. So I brought her in and gave her several different nests to try out and she now refuses to sit. I know what she wants but she can't have it in here. She will only lay her eggs in a flower pot that has soil in it. She killed the plant. She'll lay her eggs on the floor first if she couldn't get to her flower pot. So I pulled the dead plant out and put the pot in the pen. Looks like she's going back out today if this last nest don't work. I have some eggs that need to get sold and in the mail today or their going in the bator. If that last nest works i'll give them to her instead. A hen does a better job than an incubator.

Im back been a long week.
We got the building for the thrift store so I have been working my butt off getting a whole store set up,no one else showed up to help me from 8am - 5pm.Thursday and Friday so I was setting the store up myself
th.gif

Ever get the feeling your forgetting something???
I did and it was forgetting to renew my tags.....So that was interesting,thought the deputy was lying to me
hu.gif
not to mention that when I was sick and dying in April and then after my surgery my daughter got her leg crushed I forgot something else...Did I mention April was my birthday month...Guess what else I forgot...yep my license expired
hide.gif

So got the craft box mailed off finally sorry so long its been crazy since last week....
So did I miss good stuff????

Quote:
Welcome back - sounds like the hard work is paying off getting the store together. Sorry about the tag and license thing - think that has happened to alot of us at one time or another.

Peggy glad to see you back on the thread. Sorry to read about your license and tags. I bet a lot of us will be checking our licenses and tags. I just did.

Glad the thrift store is coming along. It always seems that there are lots of people who say they will help and only a few that actually show up. Hang in there and you will get it done.

I got my eggs from Coop Scoop Boogie in the mail today!
jumpy.gif
There were 12 (yes, a dozen!!) gorgeous dark brown eggs, which after checking my list
lol.png
I remembered were feather legged Marans!

Last edited:
oh my lord you all are obsessed with those durn smileys LOL.

Well, last night OCULD have been worse, that is how I will start this.... COULD have been WORSE. Truth is it would have been if my grandfather hadnt heard everyone going bonkers outside. So he ran out with the shot gun.... that was loaded with stinkin 6 shot... yeah definately NOT high enough... and finds a coyote which he shoots at.... missed. It came back TWICE last night.... after I got home he told me to go out and check on everyone. So I took the gun loaded with AA Buck Shot, I load to kill not to play. Dang coyote still got away.... everyone was accounted for, but the crested I hatched out a few months ago was layed out between the pools, I checked on it and picked it up, it dribbled well.... poured duckie puke all over my foot.... I moved it over to the edge of the pen and it sat up a minute only to lay its head back down.... I hatched this guy out and it had a barely visible crest, note that I have NEVER hatched a crested duckling out of my eggs, and that none of my other ducks are crested though I am fairly sure I know who the momma was that carried the gene. So as it got bigger the crest got larger, I think it may have accidently run into something and hit the crest last night when the coyote scared everyone, my thought is that it can cause damage if they do that... any thoughts? No external injuries, coyote didnt make it into the pen so that is out... I am sad....

On a happy note the last egg due for a couple of weeks (it was the accidental olive egg) hatched this morning.... bad news.... the hen decided she wasnt going to set on the eggs anymore since she had a baby.... so we took said baby who was already deemed to go to another hen with babies and PRAY she gets back on the eggs..... if not, then she will go to dublin with the rest of the yard chickens on Thursday and the eggs will go with the ones Nat sent under another hen.... POO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom