WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
NO!
hide.gif
Oh wait you didn't owe me any
hit.gif
Just get your butt here? What are we going to do while your here? Any plans for sight seeing with your hubbie or is it just two days of Fall leaves-wine-bonfires-food? Have you heard if Momma arranged for her son inlaw to meet you with the mother load of jars? mauaua

I just thought I'd post some more pics of my Iowa Blues.

This is a picture of my rooster with his tail grown back in. It was taken with my phone so its not the best quality.

92928_a000iablroo.jpg

One of my pullets not related to the current line.

92928_100_0747.jpg

A new chick (They may also appear chocolate colored.)
92928_ia20blue2067e25.jpg

Last edited:
mrheinz77 If I had any eggs for the swap, I would have taken those Iowa Blues
sad.png
Not to mention the fact that I would have nowhere to put them until my little "campers" all get tucked in
wink.png
I can't hatch any thing else until we clear out a couple of pens.

Someone asked how many chickens I have now, I said only 35...my oldest DS gave me that look like "tell the truth, now". But I said you can't count the 6 quail, they are so little, and you can't count the 8 in the brooder they are not big enough yet, or the 32 quail eggs in the incubator, and you can't count the 16 roosters destined for Camp Kenmore or the 2 turkeys, oh yeah, I forgot the cockeral that we are keeping to keep the lt brahamas company...the 13 RIRs don't count since someone else was supposed to come and get them months ago... DS just doesn't understand chicken math even though I was his math teacher in High School
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

hehe...

For anyone near mid ga and interested, I have two BSAs for my flocks, selling almost my entire duck flock and my entire bantam flock. Making room for other stuff and cutting back. It starts to be more of an aggravation than an enjoyment when they start to get a little out numbering... lol. If you get what I am saying. I know some of you might think I am nuts. I am going to get out of bantams excepting silkies and polish of course, and only going to keep a trio of large ducks, I would rather keep small ones, mallards and calls mostly I think, probably a few bantam ducks like BEIs. Headed to Dublin first thing in the am after I put my daughter on her bus, taking the extra mandarin male home and getting my female. Also picking up a few mates for my lonelt snowy and white calls, might accidently come home with something like a pair of mallards or something like that LOL

Everytime I think of cutting back for winter I have no idea where to do it at. I cut back for the move back in July and haven't added any back into it since.. I always concider the ducks but then thange my mind. I could use a male ruen to go with my female. The rest still aren't old enough to tell. I"m no duck expert. I have 1 duck when it ipens it's mouth to Quack with the rest, noting comes out. It's mute. Where's the button to unmute it?
lau.gif
I like hearing them Quack.

I'm actually hoping to add some colors to my silkie flock if I can get the eggs. I have 3 colors, 2 minimum. I would like buff and lavender and porcelain. I can make porcelain if I had buff and lavender.
thumbsup.gif

Chicken Junkies was so kind as to send me a dozen of hers. Hopefully most of them made it thru the zapping at the post office.
fl.gif
:fl:fl I was so excited when I was told there where some from her lav and porcelain pens I forgot the other colors.
hide.gif

Hey Em I heard that's how you sex ducks, the girls quack and the boys don't ;-) I saw someone looking for sizzles, referred them to you. Turns out they already got a dozen from you:-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom