WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I have not received mine. The tracking number does not show that the package was received in the postal system. Not sure what is going on.

Everything actually got sent out Tuesday! Ruth and Peggy, your tracking numbers are on my swap info page. You should all have them tomorrow!

I owe Saddina a goat puppet but she has not responded to me, sure hope she is okay!!!

Quote:
The chicken eggs were from you, the quail were from reesepoultry. Hatched 20 of 32 (so far) 6 failed to thrive, so if the one that hatched today lives we will have 14. I also have 6 from JenLyn. One is "crowing". Haven't caught him yet so I don't know which one, but they will be 6 weeks old Monday. I am trying to get good pictures, but only have my cell phone. Will try to get my son to use the camera I bought him for college.

Do you have pics of your duplex quail pen in the making?

Quote:
is that just with the BAs or with the BO and RIR too? Because I wouldn't mind if those were the only roos in the bunch, lol

Quote:
And here's the pic.
92928_a0000001debquail.jpg

Quote:
is that just with the BAs or with the BO and RIR too? Because I wouldn't mind if those were the only roos in the bunch, lol

That is what I was told, girls have a double row of wing feathers and boys do not regardless of breed.

Quote:

That is what I was told, girls have a double row of wing feathers and boys do not regardless of breed.

oh, now you're getting my hopes up

Quote:
And here's the pic. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/92928_a0000001debquail.jpg

that is nice Jim, I made a brooder for my chicks, but i made it too tall, I'm the only one that can reach the chicks and only straight down.
an its too heavy too!

100537_sam_0745.jpg

100537_sam_0749.jpg

I think I have built five brooders for chickens and one for quail. The latest chicken one is a triplex and is in the insulated room I am building in the barn. Sorry, I didn't send my special effects man a pic of it yet:-D But as soon as I finish the room I will take pics. It's a work in progress right now, kind of a disaster area. Tomorrow I want to work more on the quail duplex after I take the goats to auction and pick up feed.

ok, now i get it, i forgot Jim was posting pics for you, i should really have figured that out sooner, i do subscribe to the crazy 24 hr auction thread. those offers are mighty tempting, if only I had the money/incubator space/coop space/run space...but I am planning on a coop/run expansion and getting rid of 6 old hens, when the chicks start laying.

If I can get over the flu, I will be finishing up my banty shanties, moving the birds in and getting the latest chicks out in prep for the new ones in 3 weeks.

Shouldn't DR's offices have separate entrances/waiting rooms for well people and sick people, like vets do for dogs and cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom