WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you put a sponge or a crumpled up rag in there, your humidity rises with the surface area that the water has to evaporate. I made my incubator, thing leaks like crazy, I end up having to tape the lid down to keep the humidity up.

I use small cups of water with a couple of cheap sponges in my incubators when I have to really kick up the humidity.
I put the sponges in the cups and then add water to all of it.
Works great for me.

Last edited:
Quote:
Disposable cups with the bottoms cut off with just enough depth to sit under the screen work well also. I've put pieces of sponge in them. I mostly use just a sponge under the screen where the turner doesn't cover so I can ust pour water on but not so much it runs out

I take a paper towel folded in half, with one end in the trough of my Brinsea and spread it over the bottom of the incubator. Gets my humidity up high and keeps it there.
big_smile.png

Just wanted to say hi to you folks.
smile.png
I've been lurking and drooling over stuff but I just can't swap right now. Shipping is just too expensive and my fiancee' and I are still actively looking for full-time employment. We both have part-time jobs but the job market is just SO competitive... all the entry level jobs in our fields require like 3+ years experience... what the bleep?!?!? Why did I even bother going to college? My expensive 4 year degree is useless to me if all I can get is 'grunt' work. Thank god part of it was covered by scholarships.

I'm interviewing for a seasonal job this week at a video game store. I love video games and all, but I am 25. I had the same job at 17. I wanted to be somewhere higher in the world at this point.
sad.png

Quote:
Sorry my friends r in the boat. Sending lots of hugs your way.
hugs.gif

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think the Occupy protestors are out in the streets because of this very issue. We go our whole lives being told we have to go to college so we don't end up as losers flipping burgers. Then we graduate and there are no jobs, and we get called 'entitled lazy kids' because we don't want to go and flip burgers. I went and got an expensive education to invest in my future so that I could get a rewarding, challenging career - NOT FLIPPING BURGERS.

I'm just a little angry at the system and a lot of people feel it. In the meantime though, I'll be flipping burgers, so to speak, while I try to get a real career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom