WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKay you hatching maniacs - my big question is do you keep all these birds? If not what happens to them? I have 6 or 7 cockerels that need to go, I'm sick of feeding them, but get no response on Craigslist.

Chicken soup sounds good to me!
big_smile.png

Crossgirl- your box went out today and Stuck in the Coop your eggs went out today as well. I've PM'd the DC#'s
reesepoultry - your cutting board will go out monday. I'll send your DC# when I get it boxed up.
Marie

As long as they aren't silkies and I can't sell them online or local or even on craigslist they become Chicken soup here. I do not give away my roosters for free so someone else can just eat them. But I don't eat silkies. Can't get past the skin and meat being discolored. I give them 3 months of trying to get rid of them. Just because I don't like butchering them.

OKay you hatching maniacs - my big question is do you keep all these birds? If not what happens to them? I have 6 or 7 cockerels that need to go, I'm sick of feeding them, but get no response on Craigslist.

Well, everyone just answered the same as Hubby - he says why not just skin them and boil them to use later. No plucking involved since we wouldn't be frying them anyway. I have no problem with that, but need a new bachelor pen to grow them out in.

oops forgot the point of this post - mail lady just left me with some fabulous fabric. Thanks Pauletta!

Last edited:
too bad you don't have a large asian community where you're at, silkies are some sort of delicacy to them. I've gone into an asian super market and seen them for $10, just plucked and gutted, they still had the head and feet.
As long as they aren't silkies and I can't sell them online or local or even on craigslist they become Chicken soup here. I do not give away my roosters for free so someone else can just eat them. But I don't eat silkies. Can't get past the skin and meat being discolored. I give them 3 months of trying to get rid of them. Just because I don't like butchering them.

I've got to part ways with the Christmas Carols, a roo and two d'uccle and that seems overwhelming. I can't imagine moving the amount of chicks you chicks do! And I'm not there yet on the eating part. Maybe someday. I'd like to learn how just in case I'm starving at some point here in the future.

Toooo funny! Yup we do tend to ramble on this thread but I think it is very productive rambling and we have grown some pretty awesome friendships. This chat thread had let me get to know who I am swapping with better. I became more comfortable about swapping and paying a bunch of money on shipping because I knew the peeps here were honest decent peeps! Somedays we are sadden about a lose in our family or chicken family other days we are strangling (or want to) our crazy teenagers and somedays we are just logging on to say thank you or hello to a good friend. So to whoever started this thread for the swappers. THANK YOU.
hugs.gif
We promise not to ramble toooo much. Stuck in the coop - glad you liked. Elvis lives!!!!!
gig.gif

Well, everyone just answered the same as Hubby - he says why not just skin them and boil them to use later. No plucking involved since we wouldn't be frying them anyway. I have no problem with that, but need a new bachelor pen to grow them out in.

oops forgot the point of this post - mail lady just left me with some fabulous fabric. Thanks Pauletta!

Toooo funny! Yup we do tend to ramble on this thread but I think it is very productive rambling and we have grown some pretty awesome friendships. This chat thread had let me get to know who I am swapping with better. I became more comfortable about swapping and paying a bunch of money on shipping because I knew the peeps here were honest decent peeps! Somedays we are sadden about a lose in our family or chicken family other days we are strangling (or want to) our crazy teenagers and somedays we are just logging on to say thank you or hello to a good friend. So to whoever started this thread for the swappers. THANK YOU.
hugs.gif
We promise not to ramble toooo much. Stuck in the coop - glad you liked. Elvis lives!!!!!
gig.gif

I agree! I feel like this has to be the best bunch of people on BYC, for the most part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom