WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! They are soooo cute! Good luck.
hugs.gif
fl.gif
Thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

CALLING ALL GOAT EXPERTS!!!!! - our goat delivered today, I guess she is trying to teach me a lesson, she had FOUR kids!!!!

DH is already on his was to TSC for colostrum, bottles and milk replacer. We will take shifts in the barn tonight. So please advise.... HELP!
barnie.gif

Oh my gosh, all boys??? Do you have a heat lamp in a box? I build a box of 2x4s and cover the bottom and sides with mesh, put hinges on one side to change bulb. Safer that way. Almost burned the barn down twice.Glad to help , pm me if you want my phone number. I give the mamma a mix of home made drench and CMPK gel, drizzled over chopped fruits and veggies and oatmeal cookies. I can give you drench recipe, equal parts molasses, karo syrup and corn oil. Great boost for them. Then I deworm mamma.

They are in the barn and under a heat lamp but not in a box. We are currently 47 degree and the barn is fully enclosed. They are bedded down with lots of straw too.

We are totally new with this, don't have any cmpk gel and not sure we can get it local AND tomorrow is Sunday, so much around here is closed on Sunday!! A drench recipe would be great, anything I can do to help her out. How many days/hours after birth do you worm?

So far so good with the kids, they are all nursing and we are still trying to supplement and getting them used to it. We will go back out around 1am to do it all again.

Ok, you can give calcium in the form of tums if you have some. Moms need a boost after all that effort and dropping down milk. Did you dip the cords in Iodine and snip them off at about one inch long? Give Mom any fruits or veggies you can chopped up, and lots of hay and warm water. Drench is one part each of molasses, corn oil and karo syrup. Woot, I am excited for you!

Ok, you can give calcium in the form of tums if you have some. Moms need a boost after all that effort and dropping down milk. Did you dip the cords in Iodine and snip them off at about one inch long? Give Mom any fruits or veggies you can chopped up, and lots of hay and warm water. Drench is one part each of molasses, corn oil and karo syrup. Woot, I am excited for you!

Yes all babies have been Iodined. Mama has now had her calcium and drench, but fruits and veggies will have to wait till morning to see what we have??

We are still working with the replacer, it is slow and go, just a little at a time getting them used to the taste and they are all still nursing.

When do you worm mama??? I think when our mare foals its like day after delivery but don't quote me as we haven't foaled since 09.
old.gif

was that the giant goat from a few weeks back? Good luck with them, I've always wanted goats, but I think I push it with the chickens. All boys?

Congrats on quadruplets, I don't envy all that work! I'll stick with chickens.

BTW: MrHeinz: I gotta NN chick from your mystery egg this morning!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
and one IB so far as well! and the Welsummers are pippin'

Congrats on the babies! I too am a first timer waiting on my 2 bred Nubians, and 2 of a friends bred Nubians that she just gave me that she can't care for. Due in 3 weeks.. I HOPE I don't get 4 with any deliveries! I know first time fresheners usually produce 1, and there's 3 first timers- but one of them is HUGE! I'm scared now!
lau.gif
4? I think DH may kill me.. j/k I waited to tell him I was taking my friends does- he heard us talking about downsizing and he thought I was taking her cow, so when it turned out it was the goats, he says "Oh, we have 3- what's 3 more screaming goats..?"
gig.gif
I've delivered foals, and lots of other babies, excited but I'm a little intimidated, esp. since I don't know exact dates on her does.. Guess we will see, and I'm so glad there's so many helpful knowledgeable people here.. I've been jotting down pointers I read and charts, and watching videos.. Think I'm getting more grays as we speak.. By the time my Clydesdale foaled last spring (mom and baby in my avatar) I was a walking zombie. She carried over, was huge- I didn't think she was EVER going to have that baby. And that was only one (albeit huge) birth. Now 4.. Argh..
big_smile.png

They are in the barn and under a heat lamp but not in a box. We are currently 47 degree and the barn is fully enclosed. They are bedded down with lots of straw too.

We are totally new with this, don't have any cmpk gel and not sure we can get it local AND tomorrow is Sunday, so much around here is closed on Sunday!! A drench recipe would be great, anything I can do to help her out. How many days/hours after birth do you worm?

So far so good with the kids, they are all nursing and we are still trying to supplement and getting them used to it. We will go back out around 1am to do it all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom