WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't loose power but I sure thought we where gonna have to go out and hold the chicken pens down. It got so windy it was unreal. We had alot of lightening. Once it hit something close. Made us all jump up off our seats a few inches. I used to be terrifird when it stormed till we moved here. I used to come to this very house everytime it as much as got windy. I spent many nights here before we moved here. My sister n law lived here and it's next door to where we lived in a mobile home. I swear when the wind got up it sounded like the ceiling and walls where gonna come right off. DH could sleep thru it. I couldn't stand it and always had to get out of there.

He's one of those idiots that will stand outside in a storm looking for danger so he can warn us to keep us save instead of stay indoors and peek out the windows with the weather channel blairing along with the weather radio on. (that's me)

When we had that bad icestorm a few years ago where it knocked out power for weeks. He was out in it, again we lived in a mobile home. He stood outside all night in a ice storm watching the trees to make sure the big one didn't fall on the house while me and our grandson where in the bedroom the farthest away from the big tree. I told him by the time he got to the front door a limb,branch or tree will have already fallen. He couldn't get to us. He says at least somebody will know your in there and I can be working on getting you out while waiting for help. Kinda made sense but it made me want to be outside instead. Our chichen coop had broken limbs and a tree bent over it from the weight of the ice and we had to chip our way to get to the door and get it open to check on them. I just knew they where all feathercicles. They where just fine. Wondering what all the noise was and where was breakfast. We sent our grandson to stay with relatives that had power while we stayed at the farm freezing our fannies off. My chihuahua lived inside my coat with me for a week till we got power back on. Those where some long quiet nights. And I'm thankful for all those blankets we own and all those extra coats and socks and gloves, etc.....

I wonder if having tornados in Jan means a lighter winter. I pray for an easier spring for sure. I should have just moved in here back in the spring instead of wait till the fall. Shoot, I was here most of the time anyway if I wasn't with my chickens.

Soo. we made it thru this storm with just some high winds, hard rain. I have to take the MIL tomorrow to Jackson to get her new hearing aide.
celebrate.gif
bow.gif
yippiechickie.gif

She's gonna dance with me too. I'll strap her fanny in that wheelchair and she'll dance, we'll dance all the way to the car then i'll take her out to lunch. And if the hearing aid isn't ready somebody had best come up with a real good reason why we had a over 1 hour drive each way for nothing. And then I'm gonna make them dance.
barnie.gif
She has dimentia and can't hear so she comes up with all kinds of that she swears she heard. Itn's impossible to convince her any different. I'll be so glad when she can hear again.

Ok, enough. Storms over, trip is still on and I can't sleep. O O O I gotta get thatcutting board boxed up. Geez!! Now I have to go find a box it will fit in. SSSHHHH don't want up DH. Maybe i'll get those pics up that I took of some new stuff. I'll pack the box in the morning.

fl.gif
for you too! Do you get alot of black outs? I had gone 10 years without a blackout then as soon as I start incubating *BAM* didn't help that i'd jusst put 2 week old chicks outside in a brooder. It was tons of fun, good luck!
power still out, blankets on bators, outdoor chicks now indoors, quail babies in kitchen. Pray the power comes on soon:-(

Waiting on updates from those in the storms...202 rooster...hot2pot....emvickrey...mrheinz ????

Praying for all of you !

I have not been to the barn yet , but I think they are ok, the power was off for three hours but the room is insulated and they had each others body heat. No tiny babies so hope they are ok. Will keep you posted , hope everyone else is ok. Don't know yet if this will affect the eggs in the Bator, hopefully it will just slow things down a bit.

We have a 2 hour late start as of now with wet snow and falling temperatures. It took me 30 minutes to go 10 miles last night. Wishing the best for those with the storms.

I finally past us but went straight to TN. I am about 3 hours from the TN line. I have small tree limbs to put on the burn pile. Just went out and checked chickens with a flash light. All is well. All of my tarps stayed on. I think last night was just a inkling of what we are gonne get this spring/tornado season. OK EMVICKERY? How are ya'll?????

Waiting on updates from those in the storms...202 rooster...hot2pot....emvickrey...mrheinz ????

Praying for all of you !

Last edited:
So glad we've heard from most of you and that you're okay! Heinz, I've already sold the one (brown!!!) IB chick to Loganisle: she really wants to raise IBs and I have no room at the inn for them, but those 3 NNs aren't going anywhere!!!!!! The weak one is looking better this morning. So cute! Two blonds and a black (Gomez, or Gomezetta).

Glad to hear from you all... waiting on emvickery.

202rooster.... I have an idea for your chicken tornado pic..... sit on the chair and sprinkle some "crack" aka...scratch grains around your feet. That will give you a small scale feeding frenzy around your feet.
gig.gif

Thank u yoda,roosterlane andThe person from texas ( Spieth) I picked up everything today and i love it all,thank u all pkg were r wrapped great! Bhep your comf number is 0311 2550 0003 8296 0869 thank u all and glad everyone is ok from this weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom