WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.....my broody is wanting a job. Two people owe me eggs. I have an empty coop. I have four 6wk chicks that for some reason I can't find a buyer for and I just bought four new chicks (2 showgirls and 2  NN/Polish). My boyfriend says no more chicks. He's the one that brings in the mail because he's the one at home all day. What's a girl to do!?!??!

Get a post office box and if your broodies happen to incubate some eggs without you knowing.....;)

Get a post office box and if your broodies happen to incubate some eggs without you knowing.....
wink.png

gig.gif
That's what I did. Hubby don't know if I bring home eggs then. I don't say anything to him about his hobby's or stupid things he spends his money on. Like just the other day he got paid from his job and went out and spent $140 on a Pressure Washer and we already have one. Yet the car still sits needing a windshield for $165. So he takes my trailblazer everywhere now.
smack.gif

He doesn't have to know about everything, I pay all the bills, I take care of the kids and animals. I cook and clean the house. he is usually laid off cause he is in construction. I use my Child support, and my kids Disability and chicken money to pay all the bills with. So there isn't much he can say. Yet he try's to.

Tommy: I got all the patterns cut and I am working on sewing them up right now.

Last edited:
So.....my broody is wanting a job. Two people owe me eggs. I have an empty coop. I have four 6wk chicks that for some reason I can't find a buyer for and I just bought four new chicks (2 showgirls and 2 NN/Polish). My boyfriend says no more chicks. He's the one that brings in the mail because he's the one at home all day. What's a girl to do!?!??!
What is this? Does not compute...

My main 2 coops are empty, I sold off the last of the hatchery stock. It's so bad the am roo and the guniea roo share the same roost and snuggle up together at night with one little silver penciled OEGB I can't bring my self to get rid of. One of the main coops I have 4 broodies locked in so no one will bother them. ;)

Great ideas, all. I don't want to be sneaky though, that just sets a bad precedent. And I do want to be respectful of his feelings because he does help a LOT with the chickens plus everything else. He's currently remodeling my kitchen, cooks dinner and does dishes every night and maintains the yard while working a little from home. He's currently underemployed and has been since he moved in. He spends most of his money on the family including all my pets. If I could get rid of the ones I don't want that would make a big difference, I think. That and geting the new babies out of the house!! I need to learn patience right now!!!
lau.gif

Okay guys I need help. I have an 11 yr old going on 12 in November. He is going into 6th grade and he can't read. I have been helping him at home but he won't even try. The school gave up on him but, don't want me to hold him back either. I have tried everything and at my wits end with him. When I try to help he just sits there and looks at me. If the word is "how" he will say "had" I'll tell him no its not "had" try again. and a minute later he'll say "had'...... And he will keep doing that until I get frustrated and tell him the word or tell him to go play. He just try's my patients and it works.

I have printed things out from the computer and even let him try activities on the computer. I can't afford anything expensive but, I am at a loss. Has anyone else ever had this problem. He also cry's a lot when you try to get him to read. I was thinking he was dislexia but now I am thinking not. I am thinking it is stubborness because it is hard and he don't want to take the time to learn it.

He is Pervasive Developmental Delay, Obsessive Compulsive Syndome & ADHD. The school wants me to put him in a handicap class where they can just push him aside but I have been fighting them on it. I really need help. He is already in a slow learning class. He is smart but just stubborn.

Okay guys I need help. I have an 11 yr old going on 12 in November. He is going into 6th grade and he can't read. I have been helping him at home but he won't even try. The school gave up on him but, don't want me to hold him back either. I have tried everything and at my wits end with him. When I try to help he just sits there and looks at me. If the word is "how" he will say "had" I'll tell him no its not "had" try again. and a minute later he'll say "had'...... And he will keep doing that until I get frustrated and tell him the word or tell him to go play. He just try's my patients and it works.

I have printed things out from the computer and even let him try activities on the computer. I can't afford anything expensive but, I am at a loss. Has anyone else ever had this problem. He also cry's a lot when you try to get him to read. I was thinking he was dislexia but now I am thinking not. I am thinking it is stubborness because it is hard and he don't want to take the time to learn it.

He is Pervasive Developmental Delay, Obsessive Compulsive Syndome & ADHD. The school wants me to put him in a handicap class where they can just push him aside but I have been fighting them on it. I really need help. He is already in a slow learning class. He is smart but just stubborn.

Wow, god bless you for all of your efforts. All I have to say is you just have to love our school systems these days.
duc.gif

What about the Sylvan Learning?? Not sure if it will fit your needs but here's a link:
http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/

Have you checked in you area if there are any local tutoring centers?? I hope someone with some experience has some advise and direction for you.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom