WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the price of feed what it is, I won't be carrying over as many this winter as last.....just can't afford to do it.
hugs.gif
for all of us having to make the tough decisions this fall.

I had a broody hatch a single chick on Thursday. It will be the last one until next spring. We've had two frosts already and the average first frost is Oct. 15. I wonder what type of winter we are in for.......
hmm.png

kraftyladies, your lilies were sent this morning! PMed the DC# to you!!

farmer chef, sent your Paypal yesterday!

Last edited:
Winter is coming - average frost date here is Sept 13; which is about when we had our first this year. Many years its mid-August
barnie.gif
My garden is many weeks beyond done and I'm just doing clean up in there. Planning to house chickens for winter is overwhelming sometimes. This year I had to rehome 8 of my layer flock (1-2 years old) so I could make enough room for my birds that are growing up in my winter coops. They were laying okay but certainly less. Some of the 1 year olds were the bratty ones of the bunch. I really miss those Buffs I had - they are from my 1st ever flock. I kept one that is perpetually broody because she is a good mama and I just couldn't get rid of them all. It took a long time to find a home for them and I got $20 for the bunch. It is almost impossible to get anything for hens that are barely laying - you have to just give them away and hope you aren't told what their future is. Sorry for everyone that has to make those tough choices.
hugs.gif
Winter stinks!

I think we can all relate to the need to reduce. The price of feed is getting crazy! I will only winter over about 50 this year. It is hard to let the old time favorites go... :(

It is still very warm her in Southeastern Louisiana, But continuing to rain since mid day yesterday,
caf.gif
I just thought I would take a look at shat is being swapped and join in. I have lots of seeds and eggs, that can be shipped, and some Pekin and Rouen ducks as well as rabbits I can trade, swap or sell. I would offer a free dozen of rainbow egg layers, including Easter Eggersand brown duel purpose heavies, to anyone who would pay shipping, just to get something fun started, but don't know how to begin? Any ideas on how to shake the leaves, so to say
frow.gif

It is still very warm her in Southeastern Louisiana, But continuing to rain since mid day yesterday,
caf.gif
I just thought I would take a look at shat is being swapped and join in. I have lots of seeds and eggs, that can be shipped, and some Pekin and Rouen ducks as well as rabbits I can trade, swap or sell. I would offer a free dozen of rainbow egg layers, including Easter Eggersand brown duel purpose heavies, to anyone who would pay shipping, just to get something fun started, but don't know how to begin? Any ideas on how to shake the leaves, so to say
frow.gif
frow.gif
This is just the chat thread to the swap. The actually swap is here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-1-on-first-page-for-rules/10110#post_9709608 Make sure to read the first page for rules. Its like a chain. Check it out and if you any questions there is always someone here that can answer them. Hope to see you there

Winter is coming - average frost date here is Sept 13; which is about when we had our first this year.  Many years its mid-August :barnie  My garden is many weeks beyond done and I'm just doing clean up in there.  Planning to house chickens for winter is overwhelming sometimes.  This year I had to rehome 8 of my layer flock (1-2 years old) so I could make enough room for my birds that are growing up in my winter coops.  They were laying okay but certainly less. Some of the 1 year olds were the bratty ones of the bunch.  I really miss those Buffs I had - they are from my 1st ever flock.  I kept one that is perpetually broody because she is a good mama and I just couldn't get rid of them all.  It took a long time to find a home for them and I got $20 for the bunch.  It is almost impossible to get anything for hens that are barely laying - you have to just give them away and hope you aren't told what their future is.  Sorry for everyone that has to make those tough choices. :hugs Winter stinks!

I got the chance to sell off my year old layers for 10-15 each in June when people were looking for the because we had a really bad raccoon year wiping everyone out. It was hard to do but I already wasn't planning on taking then thru the Winter since I want to swap them out with silver and lav ams. We were short of eating eggs all Summer. :lol:

We used to live in California so this whole "Winter" thing is new to us. I'll probably be so panicked I'll have all the chickens in the house ;). Or at very least the garage & basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom