WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone make chicken diapers? I need two, possibly three, very small ones. Think silkie baby (6oz) and OEGB hen (and rooster if he wasn't attacked by the hawks). The silkie is just a smidge smaller than the OEGB hen. I've been using papertowels and tape, but it's a total pain to completely change everything every time they soil them. They have to be indoors now because of the hawks.
I have candles, bath bombs and soaps, and could even do jars of powdered bubble bath (I can make them look nice with the pewter lids, raffia bow and cute label, so they could be gifted as well) that I could trade for them. Candles and jars of bubble bath powder would have to wait on shipping until we can get some boxes locally though.
From what I've heard from the one person I talked to who had her silkie in a diaper, she puts talcum or baby powder in them so that when they "go" it drops into the powder and that dries it out. No need to change every time. Her diaper kind of stuck out a little bit on the behind so there was room for the droppings to be away from the feathers.

Good luck.

I sent my package out to kraftyladies today with a tracking number. Let me know when it's been received and I'm clear to swap again. So exciting!

Swapping is addictive.

I'm getting ready to fire up my greenhouse for the winter. Are there any specific plants that anyone is interested in for the spring? I grow lots of different organic veggies and quite a few flowers as well. I'm open to suggestions. :)

oooooooo, that sounds very very tempting but I have no idea what I would ask for.
hu.gif

I'm getting ready to fire up my greenhouse for the winter. Are there any specific plants that anyone is interested in for the spring? I grow lots of different organic veggies and quite a few flowers as well. I'm open to suggestions.
smile.png
I wish I could do that, but I have chickens in mine!
lol.png

I know quite a few of you got Blue Sex Link eggs from me most of the year and since it was my first year I didn't have any pictures of adults.

These are about 8 months old and HUGE. They are laying great and are going to make some great dual purpose birds...they weigh a ton!

I have 1 pullet and she looks like a small blue copper maran...SHES a pistol! Lol she is laying a small brown egg i think shes laid 5-6 eggs so far :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom