WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the apron Krafty. With a great big pocket for egg collecting??

I got my LF Chocolate Orpingtons this week. I am so excited. It will be months before I get any eggs as they are a couple of days old to 4 weeks.

I am really like how the Paypal/Hatching egg thread has the 24 hour rule and the rule of not sending the claimed swap until the person that claimed it offer has been accepted. What does everyone think of these rules and should we think of changing some of the rules on this swap?

I know one of the items that has come up is the 3 swap limit so we can re-visit it again. Post your hopes, wants, etc. and we can adjust the swap. I may have to open a new thread as I can no longer edit the original post.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

I got my LF Chocolate Orpingtons this week. I am so excited. It will be months before I get any eggs as they are a couple of days old to 4 weeks.

Oh yes, I will have to make adjustments, definitely can make a big pocket! Why didn't I think of eggs?
hide.gif

I got my spring present early, she had extras. So I will be raising mine right along with you.
wee.gif

I think more swaps per week would help to move the thread along faster. I know with the current offer, several people have said they would have claimed it, but they are out of swaps for the week. Let's just not give too many swaps or 1) people may swap themselves in over their heads or 2) the same people may get the offers every time. I think that 5-7 swaps is a really good amount.

That's just my 2 cents worth as a fairly new BYC'er.
wink.png

Tim

Oh yes, I will have to make adjustments, definitely can make a big pocket! Why didn't I think of eggs?
hide.gif

I got my spring present early, she had extras. So I will be raising mine right along with you.
wee.gif
Yes, now we have Chocolate and Vanilla and a world of other colors.

I was on pins and needles as I waited for mine to arrive. Nellie nicely put in a Buff Laced Barnevelder also as my sole one from the previous order died. When I check the brooder now, I have to steel myself before I peek in because I am so afraid of seeing any of these chicks dead. I got 14 of the Chocolates so hopefully not all roos.
lau.gif

My crele are laying but the roosters are not doing their jobs yet as fertility was at zero last week. I will check again today so fingers crossed everyone.

Yes, now we have Chocolate and Vanilla and a world of other colors.

I was on pins and needles as I waited for mine to arrive. Nellie nicely put in a Buff Laced Barnevelder also as my sole one from the previous order died. When I check the brooder now, I have to steel myself before I peek in because I am so afraid of seeing any of these chicks dead. I got 14 of the Chocolates so hopefully not all roos.
lau.gif

My crele are laying but the roosters are not doing their jobs yet as fertility was at zero last week. I will check again today so fingers crossed everyone.
Well, I got 7 choc, so we can always even out if we have to!
lol.png
I keep looking and wanting and adding for Spring. Nellie must think I am crazy!!
lau.gif

I am really like how the Paypal/Hatching egg thread has the 24 hour rule and the rule of not sending the claimed swap until the person that claimed it offer has been accepted. What does everyone think of these rules and should we think of changing some of the rules on this swap?

I know one of the items that has come up is the 3 swap limit so we can re-visit it again. Post your hopes, wants, etc. and we can adjust the swap. I may have to open a new thread as I can no longer edit the original post.
idunno.gif
I like the 24 hour rule also, but only if the number of swaps are increased, which I am also in favor of. Otherwise too many people run out of swaps and those claiming from the middle of the week on get stuck because so many are out of swaps. (I, too, would claim Bettacreek's offer, but am out of swaps
sad.png
) I think 5 per week is a good number.

Of course, corancher, you could always do a CPL and claim an extra swap (by mistake, of course
wink.png
) and then give everyone else another swap for the week. I like having this option so when things are slow, you can give people more swaps, but when lots of people are playing, limiting the swaps/week to a lower number allows more people to get in to play.

I think more swaps per week would help to move the thread along faster. I know with the current offer, several people have said they would have claimed it, but they are out of swaps for the week. Let's just not give too many swaps or 1) people may swap themselves in over their heads or 2) the same people may get the offers every time. I think that 5-7 swaps is a really good amount.

That's just my 2 cents worth as a fairly new BYC'er.
wink.png

Tim
Tim

I agree with your take on having too many swaps since your 2 statements is why we had a limit in the first place. We know that some people can spend more time on BYC and we wanted to allow more people to feel they could have a chance at snagging a great offer.

Thanks for your input.

I will check back later. I have someone coming for a Lavender pair, Black Orpington hens, and some guineas in a few minutes.

I like the 24 hour rule also, but only if the number of swaps are increased, which I am also in favor of. Otherwise too many people run out of swaps and those claiming from the middle of the week on get stuck because so many are out of swaps. (I, too, would claim Bettacreek's offer, but am out of swaps
sad.png
) I think 5 per week is a good number.

Of course, corancher, you could always do a CPL and claim an extra swap (by mistake, of course
wink.png
) and then give everyone else another swap for the week. I like having this option so when things are slow, you can give people more swaps, but when lots of people are playing, limiting the swaps/week to a lower number allows more people to get in to play.
x2!

[COLOR=0000CD]I am really like how the Paypal/Hatching egg thread has the 24 hour rule and the rule of not sending the claimed swap until the person that claimed it  offer has been accepted.  What does everyone think of these rules and should we think of changing some of the rules on this swap?[/COLOR]

I think the rule of not sending the claimed swap until the claimant's offer has been accepted is a great rule. As for the time limit, the 24 hour rule won't work with a 3 swap a week limit as there aren't enough swaps among the players to move things along, judging from the number of "regular" swappers on this thread. Maybe you could "test" a 24-hour limit per offer. This way, you won't need someone like KYT to maintain thebcumulative time used per swapper per week as everyone can see how long the current offer has been up.

[COLOR=0000CD]I know one of the items that has come up is the 3 swap limit so we can re-visit it again.  Post your hopes, wants, etc. and we can adjust the swap.  I may have to open a new thread as I can no longer edit the original post. [/COLOR]:idunno
I think this thread has staying power as it has been around for 17/18 months. The current swap limit works. Although the PP Egg Swap thread moves quickly and is quite fun now, I think its staying power will be determined come Spring when all those owed swaps become due. I hope everyone will be able to meet their obligations, but there is a real risk there. If you raise the swap limit, i would suggest no more than four swaps a week. I think it is better to be cautious and protect everyone's interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom