whats happened to my baby chick?

Sabina

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
london
i have two chicks and one of them is black and a few days old. the chick is non stop chirping! It always wants to go into the mum to stay in her feathers. the chick eats well but its chirping is non stop. the other chick is not like that. and I'm afraid there's something wrong with it? is this normal for a chick which doesn't quiet down until its under its mum?

If its eating, drinking and otherwise acting normal, I'd assume its okay. I have 6 chicks with their mom right now, and a couple of them are complainers. I usually have a one, two or more annoying peepers in every hatch :)

oh okay
smile.png
thank you!

I have an almost twenty four hour old chick. I treated it last night for spraddle leg. But I think something more could be wrong. I keep finding it flat on its stomach with its feet straight out behind it. It can balance sitting back on its haunches but can only stand al the way up for a second. It also won't walk forward only backward, then it falls over backward and rolls on its stomach. It's feet are not twisted or curled. They just seem weak. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks Shirley

I have also been trying to give it therapy by helping it stand up for thirst second intervals. And trying to help it move it's legs forward but to no avail.

You might have to hobble its legs and place it in a small cup for a few days to keep its feet under it. If that's the case, you'll need to feed and water it every couple hours until its better.

And for what its worth, when you've got issues like this, its better to start you're own post. You'll get more answers that way.

Good luck, I hope it gets better :fl

Thanks! I will look up how to do that. Also, this is my first posting on here and I still can't figure out how to write my own post.:) Sorry!

Shirley

No worries! I'd just noticed there was a pretty good time gap between the time you posted and when I'd noticed it. When you start your own thread, people see it faster.
To start a new post, to to the section of BYC your post fits in and then click the start a new post tab at the top of the page :)

Back
Top Bottom